Video Games Survivor?

Mosh

PM me your Nightwish album rankings!
Staff member
This idea has been in chat discussion for a few days now, and I'd love to run it, but I need to know if it would get enough voters.

This is how it would work, instead of albums, we have consoles. And instead of songs, we have video games. I will find a top 20 list for every system being used, and use the top 15 as the games for each console. So the rules will work exactly like SMX's survivors, except with video games.

The consoles (In order)

Nintendo Entertainment System
Super Nintendo
Nintendo 64
Gameboy/Gameboy Color
Nintendo DS
Wii
Sega Genesis
Sega Game Gear
Dreamcast
Playstation 1

Of course I can edit this list, so any suggestions for changes are more than welcome.

So if anyone here would be interested in this, please let me know!

In addition, also discussed was the idea for a PC survivor, so will run like all the other survivors but with PC games instead. Like with the Console one we have different rounds but instead of every round being a different console, each round is a different genre. So for instance First Person Shooter, Puzzle, Sports, Role Playing Games, Action Adventure, Strategy (either turn based or real time or even both) etc. Like Mosh, I'd like to know whether there would be enough interest in this and any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated.

PC survivor can be tricky. Each console spans one era, or "generation" as they say, but PC games span 35 years. For instance, Superfrog vs UT3. Impossible to compare.

We were having discussion about other computer systems (Atari ST, Sinclair ZX Spectrum...) in chat, I would love Amiga survivor (Another World for the win!)!

Zare said:
PC survivor can be tricky. Each console spans one era, or "generation" as they say, but PC games span 35 years. For instance, Superfrog vs UT3. Impossible to compare.

I'd pick Superfrog, UT3 isn't even my favorite Unreal Tournament game (That's UT1).

Isn't there potential for this getting confusing? I mean, there are many games for PC that are also available on consoles and vice versa. I think this would be an interesting poll, not sure I'd be able to contribute all that much but yeah...go for it if you find enough voters.

Back