Unprofessionalism..

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Anonymous

Okay guys im new to the forums but been a fan of your website for a long time...anyway i was just looking up on some maiden tour info, and i looked up the Early Days tour... towards the end there is mention of the "infamous" last show that maiden did in America...

you all know what happened...no point going into detail...anyway i was there...and I dont really wanna make a big deal of this or anything...but the person who wrote the commentary ( i assume Maverick?) comments saying that Sharon didnt deserve all the harsh and hateful words that the maiden fans had for her...

I was there, and that day ill never forget..it was my first time seeing maiden..and she totally ruined it for me...not only that..i paid quite a bit of money for my ticket... What she did to me was basically a slap in the face...she just took my money.. (which i tried very hard to get back) ...and laughed and ran away with it...Maiden was the only real band i wanted to see....of the whole bloody show...thats why i actually went...

Anyway...Looking back I think she totally deserved it...i mean sure Bruce may have been out of line...but you dont go ruining someone else fun (namely the audience) when you got a bone to pick with the lead singer of a very popular band...

On the other hand i also agree that as Maiden fans we should have some dignity...but for me...its still kinda hard for me to have any closure on the event with out geting mad at Sharon...

anyway if your still reading this...thanks heh

E5150, I completely understand why you are angry at Sharon. She insulted every Maiden fan with her behaviour.

What Mav was commenting on in the Commentary was the reactions of some Maiden fans, which were simply disgusting:

No matter what a person does, they do not deserve other people wishing for their death, bad health and all that. Some people said they wished she'd died from her cancer, a holocaust for her family and things like that.

Just think about it.

[!--QuoteBegin-Perun+Nov 7 2005, 01:42 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Perun @ Nov 7 2005, 01:42 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]E5150, I completely understand why you are angry at Sharon. She insulted every Maiden fan with her behaviour.

What Mav was commenting on in the Commentary was the reactions of some Maiden fans, which were simply disgusting:

No matter what a person does, they do not deserve other people wishing for their death, bad health and all that. Some people said they wished she'd died from her cancer, a holocaust for her family and things like that.
Just think about it.
[snapback]122466[/snapback]​
[/quote]

hmm..ya i guess i see your point.. and what Maverick was getting at...still...she does deserve some punishment...i guess in a fit of rage...wishing she was dead..or something is one thing...but really meaning it is another....or any of the other stuff ...i can only imagine what a really angry metal head would say about someone they hated hehe...

I just hope the boys come back to America soon [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--] Or somehow i win the lottery and get to see Maiden in Europe somewhere..which of course would be a million times better hehe..

[!--QuoteBegin-E5150+Nov 7 2005, 01:56 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(E5150 @ Nov 7 2005, 01:56 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]I just hope the boys come back to America soon [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--]  Or somehow i win the lottery and get to see Maiden in Europe somewhere..which of course would be a million times better hehe..
[snapback]122467[/snapback]​
[/quote]
You could always take a trip across the border and visit them in somewhere like Toronto or Montreal.

[!--QuoteBegin-Liberation+Nov 7 2005, 04:04 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Liberation @ Nov 7 2005, 04:04 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]You could always take a trip across the border and visit them in somewhere like Toronto or Montreal.
[snapback]122499[/snapback]​
[/quote]

well i live in Southern California...driving to toronto is out of the question [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--] ..id rather try getting tickets to europe..hehe..but thanks for the suggestion:D

[!--QuoteBegin-E5150+Nov 7 2005, 02:56 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(E5150 @ Nov 7 2005, 02:56 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]...she does deserve some punishment...
[snapback]122467[/snapback]​
[/quote]
I suspect she'll be getting some "punishment", though not in a form that will directly recompense Maiden fans who got the short end of the stick at that concert.

Her punishment is loss of credibility in her industry. Next time she tries to mount a large tour, what A-list band would want to sign on? Every band in the world now knows that if you say anything which displeases Sharon, you risk having Sharon ruin your show. Bands that are big enough to draw large crowds on their own won't put up with that. Sure she'll still get new bands who don't have a lot of clout yet, but Maiden is likely to be the last major band who ever agrees to work with her. (Aside from Ozzy/Sabbath, of course.)

[!--QuoteBegin-SinisterMinisterX+Nov 7 2005, 07:19 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(SinisterMinisterX @ Nov 7 2005, 07:19 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]I suspect she'll be getting some "punishment", though not in a form that will directly recompense Maiden fans who got the short end of the stick at that concert.

Her punishment is loss of credibility in her industry. Next time she tries to mount a large tour, what A-list band would want to sign on? Every band in the world now knows that if you say anything which displeases Sharon, you risk having Sharon ruin your show. Bands that are big enough to draw large crowds on their own won't put up with that. Sure she'll still get new bands who don't have a lot of clout yet, but Maiden is likely to be the last major band who ever agrees to work with her. (Aside from Ozzy/Sabbath, of course.)
[snapback]122519[/snapback]​
[/quote]

hmm..i never really looked up what other bands though about what happened...well that ozzfest was the last ill ever go too...so she lost my business and im sure alot more...

The only thing I'm pissed about is that I got ripped off by 2 Metal mags because of this fiasco....damn interweb...

[!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Talking about wishing people dead, I remember Bruce wishing a member of the audience dead after them throwing ice onto the stage. I wonder if he really meant it.....

Yeah, I guess he did since afterwards he changed his sentence to "I hope you get run over by a truck.."

Oh well...lol

I know how to punish Sharon Osbourne. We could all find an Ozzy forum and crash it with like [!--emo&:spam:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/spam.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'spam.gif\' /][!--endemo--] and stuff.

Yes, Sharon would surely suffer from that, after all she lives and breathes for her husband's BBs. Nevermind pissing off other metal fans, Sharon will surely get what's coming her way!

Trivium (new metal-core band thats younger than me) , all put on Maiden t-shirts when they played Ozzfest.
Apparantly the look on Big Daves face (The guy that shouted Ozzy on Maiden's intro tape) was priceless.

[!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-Pineapple Hunter+Nov 9 2005, 08:24 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Pineapple Hunter @ Nov 9 2005, 08:24 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Trivium (new metal-core band thats younger than me) , all put on Maiden t-shirts when they played Ozzfest.
Apparantly the look on Big Daves face (The guy that shouted Ozzy on Maiden's intro tape) was priceless.

[!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--]
[snapback]122692[/snapback]​
[/quote]
It all sounds like WWF wrestling. Over the top ways of promoting music by making it "interesting". I'm really getting tired of all this Ozzfest talk. Everybodu knows it's set up...

[!--QuoteBegin-Ascendancy+Nov 9 2005, 10:03 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Ascendancy @ Nov 9 2005, 10:03 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]I know how to punish Sharon Osbourne. We could all find an Ozzy forum and crash it with like  [!--emo&:spam:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/spam.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'spam.gif\' /][!--endemo--] and stuff.
[snapback]122674[/snapback]​
[/quote]

Right, like NOBODY has done that already. *sigh* Won't people grow up?

[!--QuoteBegin-Pineapple Hunter+Nov 9 2005, 08:24 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Pineapple Hunter @ Nov 9 2005, 08:24 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Trivium (new metal-core band thats younger than me) , all put on Maiden t-shirts when they played Ozzfest.

[snapback]122692[/snapback]​
[/quote]

Yeah, I remeber in an interview in Metal Hammer, Matt Heafy said "I wouldn't throw anything at Maiden, not even money".

Right, I've had enough of these sterile discussions on this topic that only achieve to highlight the stupidity of some of the posters here. Thread closed. [!--emo&-_---][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/sleep.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'sleep.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back