Unconfirmed Setlist for A Matter of the Beast Tour *SPOILERS*

LooseCannon

Enterprise-class aircraft carrier
Staff member
Below is an unconfirmed setlist from the first A Matter of the Beast show in Slovenia, relayed to the chat room via a friend who was communicating with his mate using text messages.  It is not final and could be in error.

1. Different World
2. Wrathchild
3. These Colours Don't Run
4. Brighter Than A Thousand Suns
5. 22 Acacia Avenue,
6. The Reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg
7. Children of the Damned
8. For the Greater Good of God
9. The Trooper
10. Man on the Edge
11. Killers
12. Fear of the Dark
13. Iron Maiden

---------

14. 2 Minutes to Midnight
15. Hallowed Be Thy Name
16. Run to the Hills
17. The Number of the Beast

I'd be happy to hear that set.
Man on the edge and Killers are nice surprises :bigsmile:

No
Prisoner
though?

No.  And I'm also receiving conflicting reports that none of those two songs were played.  So it'll be interesting to see what was really played...

The following list was posted at MaidenFansUnited:

1. Different World
2. These Colours Don't Run
3. Brighter Than A Thousand Suns
4. Wrathchild
5. The Trooper
6. Children of The Damned
7. The Reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg
8. For The Greater Good of God
9. The Number of The Beast
10. Fear of The Dark
11. Run To The Hills
12. Iron Maiden
----- ENCORES: -----
13. 2 Minutes To Midnight
14. The Evil That Men Do
15. Hallowed Be Thy Name

Well, it looks like the first setlist cannot be right, since
The Evil That Men Do
was played.  That's quite disappointing, because it looks like this is a straight cabaret set, without even the surprises of
Man on the Edge and Killers
.  Still convinced one of these shows is being filmed, LC? :p

Sounds a bit repetitive (a lot repetitive), though I would like to hear

22 Acacia Avenue
and Children of the Damned

as I have not heard them live before.

Would I be right in saying that this setlist is not that which will be played at Brixton later this month? That'd be a shame, because i'd love to see
Children of the Damned and 22 AA live

The_7th_Son said:
Would I be right in saying that this setlist is not that which will be played at Brixton later this month? That'd be a shame, because i'd love to see
Children of the Damned and 22 AA live

:eek: You're back!

The first setlist LC posted has nothing to do with reality. The second one is the correct one.

I can't believe some of you were still falling for that first setlist as it was obviously fake, the previous fake setlist also included the unlikely 'Man on the edge.' Also is it really necessary to post spoiler warnings in a topic that is about the setlist? Wouldn't people who don't want to be spoiled be smart enough not to click on this topic?

I was reporting information that was (falsely) relayed to me, on the first day.  And, it's the rules of the forum to place spoiler tags around anything with a spoiler in it, no matter if it's highlighted or not.  And I don't see what's so unlikely about Man on the Edge...seems everytime Maiden wants to record a concert they toss in a Blaze song or two.

LooseCannon said:
And, it's the rules of the forum to place spoiler tags around anything with a spoiler in it, no matter if it's highlighted or not. 
Rule or not I question its use.

And I don't see what's so unlikely about Man on the Edge...
Because, like I said in my previous post it also was on the AMOLD fake setlist and it's not a song Maiden has played a lot with Bruce.

They played it on the EdHuntour if I remember correctly.  And they are playing Blaze songs to try and get them into the live discs.

And you can question any rule you want, but they remain the rules :D

LooseCannon said:
No.  And I'm also receiving conflicting reports that none of those two songs were played.  So it'll be interesting to see what was really played...

The following list was posted at MaidenFansUnited:

1. Different World
2. These Colours Don't Run
3. Brighter Than A Thousand Suns
4. Wrathchild
5. The Trooper
6. Children of The Damned
7. The Reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg
8. For The Greater Good of God
9. The Number of The Beast
10. Fear of The Dark
11. Run To The Hills
12. Iron Maiden
----- ENCORES: -----
13. 2 Minutes To Midnight
14. The Evil That Men Do
15. Hallowed Be Thy Name

I saw Maiden in Venice last night. I didn't memeorize the setlist but that looks like it exactly.

In Venice Bruce said:

"We are coming back to Italy next week on June 20 to play Olympic Stadium and after that we will be taking a bit of a break break until next summer. We need time because we are bulding a pyramid brick-by-brick. And we are coming back with a pyramid and Ancient Mariners and Powerslaves and all sorts of good stuff."

He also said "Scream for me Venice!!"  :)

So after this trip to Europe (from Canada) to see Maiden a few times, it looks like I'll have to start saving my pennies now for next year too :)

Mahlon

This is all amounting to very good news and happy prospects for next year's Golden Years tour. I shall certainly be trying my best to get tickets to one of the shows! :yay:

Back