Un-documented live songs (OFFICIAL RELEASES)

Best encore was probably on The Book of Souls Tour. Ending with Blood Brothers and Wasted Years was emotional and fitting for that tour.

And I don't get the complaints about Running Free, Drifter and Sanctuary back in 2005. Go watch the Ullevi gig and don't tell me that wasn't a phenomenal way to end that gig.

That's pretty awesome. Can you say something more about the content and quality of this bootleg - and who actually played on it?

The quality of the bootleg is UNBELIEVABLE considering when it was recorded. The band members were: Steve, Dave, Barry and Dennis. The entire setlist and the story leading up to it is in my book

Last edited:

Floating (early purgatory), could it be considered relevant to this topic?

That tape is a mess 'cause it mixes different performances from different eras. Also, that's not actually the REAL demo of Sanctuary (but it does exist and I do have it)

I've just listened to Prodigal Son again and I still can't see it in the setlist, even as an encore. Journeyman was different because the verses are clap-worthy and the chorus is more like a sing-along.

Also, the encore back in '05 was great. I wouldn't even mind "oy, oy, oy" part at the end of the Drifter, a lot of people around started doing that as soon as the song ended.

The guy from YouTube was (or still is, I dunno) friends with another guy who did have some interesting things and that I suppose was trying to help the guy from YouTube make some money. I say this because YouTube guy, after showing those videos, tried to sell via an auction in PayPal a 4 or 5 track (don't remember at the moment) CD which supposedly contained some early versions of some songs but were definitely wrongly labeled.

I did contact him once and asked him to give me an audio proof that what he was selling was really what he said it was... He never answered and being that I know a lot of collectors of early bootlegs, each one of them also tried to get an answer from the guy but didn't get an answer either so in the end, the guy didn't sell the thing.

Is it from that guy on Youtube back then too?

Not sure about the vocals, but the rest sounds pre-recorded to me. That being said, it has been ages since I last listened to that turd of a song. :lol:
While doing the research for my first book I compared this version to the single version (both the common version and the so called "German mix") and this is definitely a different version. The sound of the drums is definitely different and as you say the vocals are definitely different from the single version, so if anything was pre-recorded it was the guitars but I don't think they did that...

Wasn’t that a mimed performance of the song?
Wasn't Women in Uniform played live by the band, with the stipulation that they'd refuse to play if they couldn't do it there way? Something something no one has played live at Topper Poppers since The Who. I remember reading it in Run To The Hills 1st and 3rd editions of the Official Iron Maiden Biography by Mick Wall.

That was when they were invited to play 'Running Free'. In any case, when they went to play 'WIU' they didn't mime either but afterwards they said it was such a horrible experience that they vowed to never do it again... That of course changed in 1995 although Blaze did sing live
Wasn't Women in Uniform played live by the band, with the stipulation that they'd refuse to play if they couldn't do it there way? Something something no one has played live at Topper Poppers since The Who. I remember reading it in Run To The Hills 1st and 3rd editions of the Official Iron Maiden Biography by Mick Wall.

Back