Twenty Reasons

A

Anonymous

Nothing new here. Nor the idea, nor the reasons. It's even possible that I have more reasons than these.

1. They have the passion and the brain.
2. Their music can make me happy (Reach Out), wild (Purgatory) or dreamy (Strange World).
3. The lyrics can make me think (Look For The Truth), smile (Alexander The Great) or laugh (Quest For Fire).
4. They still look like they're enjoying themselves on stage.
5. Bruce/Paul/Blaze are all great singers.
6. Steve's bass is cool (Murders In The Rue Morgue).
7. Clive is good on drums (Gangland).
8. Dave's solos are full of feeling (Charlotte The Harlot).
9. Adrian's solos have that special something (Prodigal Son).
10. Solo bits in Powerslave and Paschendale and a number of other songs.
11. They came up with some classic riffs (The Trooper).
12. The double-guitar thing, already great in Thin Lizzy, is superb in Maiden.
13. Infinite Dreams.
14. They can do the simple riff-driven song, the great epic, the smooth instrumental and the complex fugue.
15. Hallowed Be Thy Name.
16. Seeing Maiden fans live, fists raised as one, is quite an experience.
17. They make people create websites, books and bulletin boards (some of them excellent).
18. Even their B-sides are (usually) great.
19. They are the only band whom I'm willing to forgive the surplus of unnecessary merchandise.
20. My last reason is too personal to mention on a forum :: .

I'm experiencing one reason why I love Maiden right now: They are indeed making me feel better. I've been ill for over a week, and I haven't felt as good since- even though I was at the Alice Cooper/Deep Purple gig and heard some of my favourite songs there.

[!--quoteo(post=128881:date=Feb 12 2006, 05:19 PM:name=Perun)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Perun @ Feb 12 2006, 05:19 PM) [snapback]128881[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
I'm experiencing one reason why I love Maiden right now: They are indeed making me feel better.
[/quote]
I told you to trust me. [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/happy.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\"^_^\" border=\"0\" alt=\"happy.gif\" /]

21. Pasch 4:40

[!--quoteo(post=128883:date=Feb 12 2006, 04:28 PM:name=Maverick)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Maverick @ Feb 12 2006, 04:28 PM) [snapback]128883[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
I told you to trust me. [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/happy.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\"^_^\" border=\"0\" alt=\"happy.gif\" /]
21. Pasch 4:40
[/quote]

Agreed
22. Afraid to Shoot Strangers 2:43 onwards
23. Their unwillingness to compromise and love for their fans
24. The fact that Steve Harris is one of the soundest, coolest (and sexiest) guys alive on this planet.

25. They have lasted long enough for us to discuss all of their music for years on end in forums like this

[!--quoteo(post=129011:date=Feb 15 2006, 05:23 PM:name=Silky)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Silky @ Feb 15 2006, 05:23 PM) [snapback]129011[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
24. The fact that Steve Harris is one of the soundest, coolest (and sexiest) guys alive on this planet.
[/quote]
He is the TRUE creator and god after all [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\":D\" border=\"0\" alt=\"biggrin.gif\" /] we'd be lost without him or his prophet Freaky [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\":D\" border=\"0\" alt=\"biggrin.gif\" /]

27. Eddie - Who wouldn't love him?
28. The fact that we have to read novels, watch some movies, know about general culture in order to understand their meanings.

29. The fact that Maiden can make a History lesson be a very cool experience.
30. Rime of the Ancient Mariner 9:00

[!--quoteo(post=129037:date=Feb 15 2006, 03:32 PM:name=Onhell)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Onhell @ Feb 15 2006, 03:32 PM) [snapback]129037[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
[Steve Harris] is the TRUE creator and god after all
[/quote]
I'm taking note of your statement, and I will use it to discredit you next time we have a religion argument. [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\":p\" border=\"0\" alt=\"tongue.gif\" /]

[!--quoteo(post=129077:date=Feb 16 2006, 06:06 PM:name=SinisterMinisterX)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(SinisterMinisterX @ Feb 16 2006, 06:06 PM) [snapback]129077[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
I'm taking note of your statement, and I will use it to discredit you next time we have a religion argument. [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\":p\" border=\"0\" alt=\"tongue.gif\" /]
[/quote]

Ah, SMX, you do not realise that 'Arry created Adrian Smith in order that those unworthy of knowing his true power might have a lesser being to proclaim. All those who preach the word of Adrian Smith are but unknowingly giving praise to the almighty one, Steve Harris. A man so mighty he could crush the world just by smiling, but does not, because he is Truly Good. [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\":p\" border=\"0\" alt=\"tongue.gif\" /]

31. The great sense inside that no matter whatever CD your friend brings out of her collection, it won't beat Iron Maiden!

And, since I can't be bothered to switch topics. A little AS paragraph I came up with:

Adrian Smith was born with both male and female genitalia. Within moments of his birth, he managed to impregnate himself. The result was a Fender Strat, where the greatest riffs in history were born. From this guitars fifth string, a person sprang. This person was known as the Preacher for the Adrian Smith gospel. His name was SMX.

[!--quoteo(post=129080:date=Feb 16 2006, 06:44 PM:name=Silky)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Silky @ Feb 16 2006, 06:44 PM) [snapback]129080[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
Ah, SMX, you do not realise that 'Arry created Adrian Smith in order that those unworthy of knowing his true power might have a lesser being to proclaim. All those who preach the word of Adrian Smith are but unknowingly giving praise to the almighty one, Steve Harris. A man so mighty he could crush the world just by smiling, but does not, because he is Truly Good. [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\":p\" border=\"0\" alt=\"tongue.gif\" /]
[/quote]
My god, not this again.

Edit: I mean...My H! Not this again.

I hadn't started any S&#! in a while, I saw the opportunity and took it. So shoot me [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/cool.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\"B)\" border=\"0\" alt=\"cool.gif\" /]

Friends, should this thread turn into a new "Adrian Smith Statements", it will infuriate the mods and be moved to the Madness Forum. And the lot of us will lose a great opportunity for post-count increase. Is it really worth it?

[img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\":p\" border=\"0\" alt=\"tongue.gif\" /]

Alright, calm down. Harmless fun.
Soon, the 'Arry dudes will have a crusade. [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\":p\" border=\"0\" alt=\"tongue.gif\" /]

[!--quoteo(post=129086:date=Feb 16 2006, 09:28 PM:name=Pineapple Hunter)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Pineapple Hunter @ Feb 16 2006, 09:28 PM) [snapback]129086[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
31. The great sense inside that no matter whatever CD your friend brings out of her collection, it won't beat Iron Maiden!
[/quote]

I disagree. Sort of. If your friend brings out "Silicon Messiah", "Tenth Dimension" or "Wish You Were Here", it can beat Iron Maiden.
Tragically, fact is that in 9999 out of 10000 cases, your friend won't bring out these albums, so you do have a point [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\":D\" border=\"0\" alt=\"biggrin.gif\" /]

[!--quoteo(post=129185:date=Feb 17 2006, 04:29 PM:name=Perun)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Perun @ Feb 17 2006, 04:29 PM) [snapback]129185[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
I disagree. Sort of. If your friend brings out "Silicon Messiah", "Tenth Dimension" or "Wish You Were Here", it can beat Iron Maiden.
Tragically, fact is that in 9999 out of 100000 cases, your friend won't bring out these albums, so you do have a point [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\":D\" border=\"0\" alt=\"biggrin.gif\" /]
[/quote]
9999 / 100000 = 9.99%.
Do you mean to suggest that the other 90.01% of the time, any random friend will choose to play one of the three albums you mention? [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\":p\" border=\"0\" alt=\"tongue.gif\" /]

Damn, I thought I had carefully counted the zeros [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\":p\" border=\"0\" alt=\"tongue.gif\" /]

Back