Tsk. Tsk. Tsk. Naughty MySpace kids.

Kynisk Sokol

Ancient Mariner
BLABBERMOUTH.NET - NAILWOUNDS Singer Charged For Sex With Girl He Met On MySpace.com - Jan. 22, 2007

Eric Litke of The Sheboygan Press reports:

The 20-year-old lead singer of a Milwaukee-area metal band was charged Friday (Jan. 19) with felony sexual assault for allegedly having sex with a 15-year-old Kewaskum girl after arranging the encounter on MySpace.com.

The girl had snuck out of her parents' house to meet Randall S. Shesto II (photo), 20, but the two were found out when Shesto crashed his car shortly after the two of them had sex, according to a criminal complaint.

Shesto, of Waukesha, was charged in Sheboygan County Circuit Court with sexual assault of a child, which carries maximum penalties of 25 years in prison and a $100,000 fine. He was released Friday on a $1,500 cash bond.

Sheboygan County District Attorney Joe DeCecco said Shesto has confessed to the crime.

The case has parallels to that of Jason Lee — a 22-year-old Hmong man convicted Wednesday of having sex with his 16-year-old wife when she was 15 — but DeCecco said Shesto will be treated differently. Lee accepted a plea deal under which the charge will be dismissed if he stays out of trouble for a year and performs 25 hours of community service.

"This isn't some type of relationship," DeCecco said of Shesto's case. "He located a child that appeared to be somewhat vulnerable on the Internet, hooked up with her and then met her up here specifically for sex — I mean, there's no talk of marriage or love — that makes a difference to us. It shows the exploitive nature."

According to DeCecco and the complaint:

The girl told police the two met on MySpace and she knew Shesto only as RJ, though she had attended his concerts. Shesto is the lead singer of the band NAILWOUNDS, a hardcore metal band according to its MySpace Web site.

The pair's first in-person meeting was the night of the alleged assault.

Shortly after 1 a.m. Jan. 12, Shesto picked up the girl and drove to a remote area in the Town of Scott, where he pulled off the road into a field entrance and the two had consensual sex in the back seat of his car.

Read the rest of the article at The Sheboygan Press.

Doesn't one feel a sense of joy when a moron goes to jail? Especially when it's an ultra br00thul hXc br00t like this.

Once again, don't ask me why I posted this.

Black Dragon said:
The case has parallels to that of Jason Lee — a 22-year-old Hmong man convicted Wednesday of having sex with his 16-year-old wife when she was 15

What a crime!  :eek:

Perun said:
What a crime!  :eek:

They wouldn't have been married when they had sex.  The legal age for marriage in the US (I believe) is 16, so the report is effectively saying, 'He had sex with his (now) wife before they were married, and she was underage'.

Still, it's kind of strange allowing marriage at 16, but not allowing the kids to have sex before that. Either you lower the legal age for sex (not the best sollution) or you raise the age for marriage (like any sane law-giver would do).

Perun said:
..or you raise the age for marriage (like any sane law-giver would do).
Has to be the best solution. Can any person aged 16 actually say "This is the person I wish to spend the rest of my life with!". Almost definatly not, nearly all will end in divorce before they get to 20.

But as for this Shesto bloke, yes it may have been consensual, but at least let the girl grow up and not be so starstruck.

One thing strikes me, a 16 year old girl is legally allowed to have sex with a man aged 50. But a 16 year old teenage boy is breaking the law to have sex with a 15 year old girl. A little addressing is needed here.

I like the fact that they refer to the girl as a "vulnerable child"... She's a teenager and apparently knew what she was doing, I don't see anything exploitive in nature. just two horny people... geez

You're not allowed to have sex before you're sixteen? Wow, I never knew that. Is it the case everywhere? Because if it is, then I know a hell of a lot of lawbreakers. Anyway, the point brought up by Albie is extremely valid, as is Perun's suggestion to raise the legal age for marriage. I mean really, which sixteen year old can make any commitment, let alone one as serious as marriage?

This reminds me of something I saw on CNN several years ago. They had a report on the situation in Chechnya, which among other things, showed a few Russian recruits during their examination. Obviously, they were nude, but shown only from the rear. Nevertheless, they censored the naked arse. A few shots later, they showed a hanging corpse in the centre of Grozny, soaked with blood. As a matter of fact, the camera even zoomed in. Moreover, there was some footage in the same report which had you hearing how people got shot (the camera was hidden in a barn, so you didn't see anything). Seriously: What would you rather show your children- a blank arse or people being killed the most cruel possible ways?  :huh:

By the way, does anybody remember that ten year old kid who was charged for sexual harrassment because he helped his sister taking a crap in the garden?

But what is the situation when they are both under age?

Can two 15 year olds for example, have sex? Is that considered a crime?

In that instance, Urizen, both will be breaking the law. But it happens all the time and seems to go unpunished (the UK does have quite a lot of teenage pregnancies).

When they are both underage it is not a crime. It is a crime for an "adult" to have sex with a "minor" NOT "a child" (well that too, but you know what I mean). In the U.S however depending on the state there are "bumper" or "buffer" laws which allow adults to have sex with minors as long as they are 2 or 4 years apart, again depending on the state. Thus a 20 year old "man" can have sex with a 16 year old "girl" and it is perfectly legal in some states. an 18 year old with a 14 year old and so on.

However I don't think it's legal for a 17 year old (a minor) or even 15. to have sex with a 12 year old as they are still children and not "teens".

Just one more comment. Am I the only person that sees something fundamentally wrong with men or women that date significantly younger people? For example a 40 year old dating a 23 year old. Sure they are both "adults", but the age difference is so great that what possibly could they have in common? I don't even consider dating 18 year olds ( I'm 23 for those who didn't know). I seriously think that no matter how mature the younger person is, the older one has to be VERY immature (usually emotionally) to romantically engage such a young individual.

Perun said:
Seriously: What would you rather show your children- a blank arse or people being killed the most cruel possible ways?  :huh:

I am reminded of an old George Carlin routine, in which he complained about this very point. One of his proposals was to take all movie dialogue and replace the word "kill" with the word "fuck". Thus, we could have old western movies which sound like:
"We're gonna fuck ya now, sheriff ... but we're gonna fuck ya slow."

Onhell said:
When they are both underage it is not a crime.
Not sure about the law in the States, but in the UK it is - technically. However, a more pressing concern exists if one is under 16 and the other party is an adult. If in the case as with the original post, even if the man had been 18, he could still be charged with pedophilia in the UK (I believe).

Onhell said:
Just one more comment. Am I the only person that sees something fundamentally wrong with men or women that date significantly younger people? For example a 40 year old dating a 23 year old. Sure they are both "adults", but the age difference is so great that what possibly could they have in common? I don't even consider dating 18 year olds ( I'm 23 for those who didn't know). I seriously think that no matter how mature the younger person is, the older one has to be VERY immature (usually emotionally) to romantically engage such a young individual.

Well in these cases it is often about money. The young women is very attractive and her significantly older date has a lot of money perhaps. She needs the money and he likes young women very much. It is sometimes also the case of a woman searching for a more mature men who is often financially stable and is less likely to cheat on her in comparision with the men of her own age, who are also viewed by the woman in question as being immature.
But I too think this is not very good, because for the men this kind of relationship could mean just a bit of fun, and even if it's not, it could also happen that the woman will in, say 5 - 10 years time be searching for a younger partner, who will by that time be mature enough for her.

Perun said:
Seriously: What would you rather show your children- a blank arse or people being killed the most cruel possible ways?  :huh:

In Anglican North America (Canada and U.S.A. basically) we are so obsessed with sex and ironically are still sexually repressed.  A contradiction?  Look at Hollywood and the oversexualization you get; advertising media is likewise guilty.  On the other hand, if someone had a serious question about sexual intercourse, anatomy or romance, shyness and uncomfort would be likely responses. 

Perun said:
By the way, does anybody remember that ten year old kid who was charged for sexual harrassment because he helped his sister taking a crap in the garden?

I'd love to read about this, if you have the source.

Back