Tournament of Maiden Solos: the Top 10 video!

Which guitar solo is your favourite?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Adrian's CSIT solo is my third favorite of his all time. It so overpowers the others here that I can only vote for it alone. This is the first time I havent chosen two solos.

Looks like CSiT is about to dominate.
It really is one of their best recorded solos ever.

CSIT is actually the first IM song I've ever heard, and the solos (Dave's before this one is also great) are certainly a part of why I was immediately hooked. Literally blew my 12yo mind :D

I too find the CSIT solo way better than all others, but that is not always enough reason to not vote for anything else. IMO From Here to Eternity's solo also deserves to go through. Thus a second vote.
This is not (just) about which one is by far the best. This is about: which solo(s) do I want to survive. And even though CSIT rules, in this group I'd still like to see two solos going through.

From Here to Eternity & Caught Somewhere in Time.

The first is... not so little crazy and over the top weird, but there's still some musical merit in it, being catchy. (Perhaps too cheesy for Maiden, but it gets away with that for now.) The latter was long my favourite solo.

FHTE, for the novel approach and CSIT, since it's one of their best solos ever. This time around it's been even harder than usual; even the QFF solo is just great and actually the best thing about the song.

I'll very probably vote for QFF as I love that solo, but I haven't had a chance to listen to everything yet

CSIT (Dave's solo in this song is also mindblowing) and Revelations, but the other two are pretty solid as well.

Adrian's CSIT solo is the greatest ever solo on any stringed instrument including the oud, psalmodikon, lute, octobass, zhuihu, Appalachian dulcimer and đàn độc huyền!

Back