Tournament of Maiden Solos: the Top 10 video!

Which guitar solo is your favourite?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I thought about trying to pick one this time, but no way, both Paschendale and Lord of Light are amazing. The two other solos sound quite mediocre to me.

Voted for LOL and Paschendale, but these are all great solos and I love them all. Wish this round had been split up.

The Fugitive solo is way too complicated.

The Fugitive is so complicated that it's a marvel anyone could write any kind of solo over it.

The Paschendale solo is a mess compared with the beautifully melodic and controlled Janick solo on The Fugitive. What a job! :notworthy:
I like Janick's mess, usually; but this is exactly what I thought listening to them all one after the other too. I like Fortunes a lot, but went, after much indecision, with his Fugitive lead for the same reasons you cite. LoL is probably the best of all four, and was my first choice.

Fugitive, has a great flow to it, even if it's not a dazzler.
After careful thought I'm also going for Lord of Light. It's close, though. Although Paschendale is messy, it's the final solo in that song, fittingly chaotic and overwhelming for the fragmented train of thought of a soldier advancing across no man's land. It's like everything spiraling out of control around him.

Back