Tournament of Maiden Solos: the Top 10 video!

Which guitar solo is your favourite?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Since we're in the midst of a break here, I decided to check some stats based on my voting for this game. I felt like my votes have been pretty well spread out among the 3 guitarists, and then I started to become a little bit curious if that was truly the case. I have decided to go through this thread and find out for sure. Here is what I came up with:

Dave: 18 votes* (+2 missed votes)
Adrian: 15 votes* (+1 missed vote)
Janick : 7 votes
Dennis Stratton: 1 vote

*Note: This takes place over 30 groups of voting. I missed the first group, as well as group 19. If I include how I would have voted in those groups, Dave would have 20 votes total, and Adrian would have 16. (I also voted in several groups without commenting, Although I'm fairly confident I was able to correctly recall what my votes were after re-watching the corresponding video for the round.)

I'm a bit surprised in my relative lack of votes for Janick's solos; I definitely felt like I voted for more than 7. Dave getting the most votes isn't too surprising. Quite a few of my absolute favorite Maiden solos are of the Murray variety. I didn't take into account the overall number of solos in the game per guitarist, so it's also very possible Dave simply had more solos in the game, causing him to get more votes.

This is What I get when breaking it down by album:

IM - 2 votes
Killers - 3 votes
NOTB - 1 vote
POM - o votes
Powerslave - 5 votes
SIT - 6 votes
7th Son - 3 votes
NPFTD - 0 votes
FOTD - 1 vote
X Factor - 1 vote
VXI - 1 vote
BNW - 5 votes
DOD - 5 votes
AMOLAD - 5 votes
TFF - 5 votes
Other (Live) - 1 vote

I went ahead and included my hypothetical votes from groups 1 and 19 here.

(NOTE: If this game is new for you, and if you would like to participate, please check the opening post of this thread)

Hello everybody. Night Prowler did some ace work, finishing the vids very quickly. He also included a new look.
We'll continue with round 1B. The round that gives 64 solos a second opportunity. I don't think any of these solos have met before. We've got 16 groups of 4 solos. Same recipe: the group winners qualify directly for round 2. The next best scoring 16 will also qualify for round 2. The least 32 will be eliminated.

Let's hope many of you will stick around. Thanks a bunch! :ok: Here we go:

R1B: 1st group:

That's quick, nice.
The next best scoring 16 will also qualify for round 2.
So basically 2 highest scoring solos advance in each group or the other 16 is picked from the 'global chart' after the round is over? I'm trying to make out when does it make sense to vote just for one solo. :p

Seventh Son and Public Enema this time.

Back