Tournament of Maiden Solos: the Top 10 video!

Which guitar solo is your favourite?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I could do that, today, because the chance is very big that it will win.
Still, at least 17 people have not voted yet (comparing to the amount of voters in the previous battle).

So, 6 or more votes for Wasted Years would come in handy, to be sure.

(NOTE: If this game is new for you, and if you would like to participate, please check the opening post of this thread, before you vote)

Result of round 4, 2nd battle: Dave Murray's second Thin Line Between Love and Hate solo (088) is eliminated. 039 advances to the Quarter Final.

Round 4: 3rd battle:

Here some other nice guitar work by this sixteen year old from France. I like that dive bomb (?) @ 2.51, and wouldn't mind hearing her take on CSIT (petition?):

The clansman, pretty easily.
And it's sad that emotional masterpiece will lose to something that's more flash than soul.

WHAT? Clansman winning over CSiT? This is insane... I don't understand the phenomenon of this solo let alone it being ahead of one of the most memorable solos in Maiden's history. It's decent, sure, but nowhere near the classic.

Foro, you should have a serious conversation with your son. :D

Oh, come one, 'emotional'...? :p Speaking of jamming together, to me TC sounds like a bunch of melodic licks played without any clear direction. It also lacks dynamics.

Well, I hope we can at least agree that The Wicker Man is better... :bigsmile:

Back