Tony Iommi is wrting riffs like mad again!!!

Same here. The band showed they still had it in them with The Devil You Know (how could Iommi ever lose it?), but I think Ozzy by now has the potential to totally ruin it.

On the other hand, I guess nothing will ever sound the same again for me without Dio.

I fear they'll choose Glenn Hughes. I respect Hughes but I don't like his voice that much.

By the way: COOL that Nicko recorded with Iommi and Geezer.

Forostar said:
I fear they'll choose Glenn Hughes. I respect Hughes but I don't like his voice that much.

Glenn Hughes is in middle of his new band (Black Country Communion) at the moment though, and I'd say they could be around for a few years. It is conceivable that he'd do both of course.

I'd like to see Ian Gillan sing on the next album. Glenn Hughes would be good too.

i doubt theres gonna be an Ozzy sabbath reunion thing any time soon, since Ozzy had said hes already busy writing new solo album (dont remember where i read that from though :S)

Shnazzy said:
i doubt theres gonna be an Ozzy sabbath reunion thing any time soon, since Ozzy had said hes already busy writing new solo album (dont remember where i read that from though :S)
really? He might be getting ready to retire since around the Black Rain era he said he wanted to do 2 more albums and then retire. That or he just wants to end his solo carrer as a final album would be done just in time for a sabbath reunion.
When Dio died I thought that at this point they have no other choice than  Ozzy. I don't think a Sabbath album without Ozzy or Dio will recieve much attention.

Don Dokken said:
]When Dio died I thought that at this point they have no other choice than  Ozzy. I don't think a Sabbath album without Ozzy or Dio will recieve much attention.
Unless you're hiding something here.
The only other acceptable choice would be...

...Don Dokken!

Babo 91 said:
halford or

blaze bayley !!!!!
if anyone besides the people who sang on albums deserves to sing the next one it's halford

I wish Ian Gillan would step back into the Sabbath fold. I think Born Again is the most underrated Sabbath album ever. My favorite Black Sabbath material doesn't have Ozzy on it...

Back