Titles of the Live Albums that Never Were

CA Bryers

Ancient Mariner
So, I'm doing this stupid little project that I've always wanted to do, and that was basically make unofficial live albums out of bootlegs for the tours we never got a live album out of. It's more or less just to put on my iPod and be able to listen to any tour I want, whether there's a live album for it or not. This was made much more possible with IronCarnage's massive and wonderful MEGA file drop elsewhere in the forum, so a BILLION thanks for that. I'm using strictly soundboard recordings, so unfortunately none exist for Ed Hunter, so that one's missing (if you have a suggestion for a near soundboard quality boot for that tour, please do speak up).

The issue I'm having is coming up with album titles that sound like something Maiden would name them, that DO NOT SOUND BOOTLEG-GY (i.e. "War Machine," "The Eternal Flame," etc.) This got a bit more difficult, as Maiden has released some live albums with very un-Maiden-y titles, like Rock in Rio and En Vivo! What I have so far is kind of a mix of those styles, and was hoping some others on here might have some ideas for what to name albums I'm at a loss for, AND suggestions on better ones than what I've come up with. So, without further ado, here's what I've got so far:

Killers Tour: Maiden Japan (no brainer, as the source is the Nagoya '81 soundboard boot)

Piece of Mind: World Piece on the Road (not great, I'll admit, but maybe something the Maiden camp might've pulled out of their butts back then--using Ipswitch '83 for that)

Somewhere in Time: Somewhere in Paris (I'm sure this is a bootleg name out there already, so very open to suggestions on this one--Paris '86 source)

No Prayer for the Dying: No Prayer for Wembley (bummed it's an incomplete recording, though I did plug in the single B-Side for The Assassin, so there's that)

The X Factor

Virtual XI

(no idea for either of those. Virtual XI I'm using Madrid '98--a little rough start soundwise, but strong performance overall by Blaze, IMO. X Factor is, sadly, a live compliation I pulled off of YouTube, since I didn't want to use any full South America shows when his voice was more or less completely blown out that late in the tour)

Gimme 'Ed Til I'm Dead: Gimme 'Ed Til I'm LIVE (again, not brilliant, but whatever. Source: Rock Am Ring '03)

The Early Days: Wake the Dead - Live (thematically it kind of works since it's resurrecting the past: Source: Ullevi '05)

A Matter of Life and Death: (not sure on this one...I always went with A Matter of Live and Death in the past, which is...okay, but a one letter switch from the album title, so didn't burn out any brain cells on that one. Source: Globen '06)

Maiden England World Tour: England Rides Again (kinda bootleggy, but kinda fits the theme of Maiden England returning. I dunno. Source: Rock Am Ring '14)

Legacy of the Beast (3rd Leg): Legacy of the Beast Live Volume 2 - Rio in '22 (went with Maiden's lazy naming style on this one, but obviously there are better names out there. Source: Rock in Rio '22)

So yeah...dumb project, I know, but thought it might be fun anyway. Big thanks again to IronCarnage for sharing that vast bootleg repository with us all. Any and all title ideas are welcome!

Man, this is difficult.

Killers - Maiden Japan (obviously)

POM - Food For Thought (I know) or Live Piece/Wire (wow) or your suggestion

SIT - Time Travel (inspired by the title of the previous live album - Live After Death)

NPFTD - Rise Again or Night Of Pain (both can be found on the inscription of the album cover) or your suggestion.

TXF - Live Factor or The Key Factor (I dunno) or Dark Retribution (heavy metaaaaal!)

VXI - Virtual Insanity or Virtual World Live

The Ed Hunter tour - Iron Union or Reuniting With/Revisiting The Past or Maiden & Beast (lol)

Give Me Ed tour - Eddie's World or your suggestion

Eddie Rips Up The World tour - Early Days: Resurrection

AMOLAD - At The End Of The War (sort of like Death On The Road)

Maiden England tour - Tales Of The Seventh Son (sounds cool) or your suggestion.

Legacy Of The Beast (3rd leg) - Realms Of The Beast or The Samurai And The Beast (haha)

Man, this is difficult.

Killers - Maiden Japan (obviously)

POM - Food For Thought (I know) or Live Piece/Wire (wow) or your suggestion

SIT - Time Travel (inspired by the title of the previous live album - Live After Death)

NPFTD - Rise Again or Night Of Pain (both can be found on the inscription of the album cover) or your suggestion.

TXF - Live Factor or The Key Factor (I dunno) or Dark Retribution (heavy metaaaaal!)

VXI - Virtual Insanity or Virtual World Live

The Ed Hunter tour - Iron Union or Reuniting With/Revisiting The Past or Maiden & Beast (lol)

Give Me Ed tour - Eddie's World or your suggestion

Eddie Rips Up The World tour - Early Days: Resurrection

AMOLAD - At The End Of The War (sort of like Death On The Road)

Maiden England tour - Tales Of The Seventh Son (sounds cool) or your suggestion.

Legacy Of The Beast (3rd leg) - Realms Of The Beast or The Samurai And The Beast (haha)
It is difficult, but some great ideas in there. I particularly loved Virtual World Live (actually sounds like something Maiden would put out), Early Days: Resurrection (again, nail on the head), The Samurai and the Beast, The Live Factor, and taken as a whole title, Iron Maiden: Rise Again really works.

Thanks much!!!

A Matter of Life and Death: (not sure on this one...I always went with A Matter of Live and Death in the past, which is...okay, but a one letter switch from the album title, so didn't burn out any brain cells on that one. Source: Globen '06)
I'll do a tweak on that: A Matter of Live After Death.

Ammo Lads
A Matter Of Live Regret
War...War Never Changes

A Different World Tour
No Classics, Don't Run!
Louder Than A Thousand Guns
Brighter Than You Swedish Cunts
Live Pilgrimage
The Loudest Day
What We Do In The Shadows
Live Interpretation Of New Song Fatigue
For The Greater Good Of Rod
Lords Of Live
The Legacy Of The Beast (wait a minute...!)

Killers Tour: Maiden Japan (no brainer, as the source is the Nagoya '81 soundboard boot)
My only thought is "Another Live". Yours is better.

Piece of Mind: World Piece on the Road (not great, I'll admit, but maybe something the Maiden camp might've pulled out of their butts back then--using Ipswitch '83 for that)
Where Seagulls Dare
Exhortations
Live With Their Boots On
Suffolk Life
Suffolk Live
Suffolk And Steel

Somewhere in Time: Somewhere in Paris (I'm sure this is a bootleg name out there already, so very open to suggestions on this one--Paris '86 source)
Caught Somewhere With Mimes
Headbanging Can't Wait
Deja-Vu

No Prayer for the Dying: No Prayer for Wembley (bummed it's an incomplete recording, though I did plug in the single B-Side for The Assassin, so there's that)
Stalegunner
Play Violent, Play Cheap
Hooks For You

The X Factor
Board Of The Lives
Band On The Edge
The Unbelive-rs

Virtual XI
The Painful Maiden Sampler
When Bad Notes Collide
The Dedicated Fool
Oh No, It's Live, Amigos!

Gimme 'Ed Til I'm Dead: Gimme 'Ed Til I'm LIVE (again, not brilliant, but whatever. Source: Rock Am Ring '03)
All Killer, Yet No Killers
Iron Maiden: Greatest Gits
Raised On Fellatio

The Early Days: Wake the Dead - Live (thematically it kind of works since it's resurrecting the past: Source: Ullevi '05)
Half Of This Shit Was Sung By Some Other English Cunt
Oh, Lamia, Please, I'm Live With The Swedes

Maiden England World Tour: England Rides Again (kinda bootleggy, but kinda fits the theme of Maiden England returning. I dunno. Source: Rock Am Ring '14)
The Stuff You Want To Hear, Plus That Fear Of The Dark Shit For No Particular Reason
Your Soul's Gonna Burn In A Lake Of Fire
The Flamboyant
The Live Shows That Men Do

Legacy of the Beast (3rd Leg): Legacy of the Beast Live Volume 2 - Rio in '22 (went with Maiden's lazy naming style on this one, but obviously there are better names out there. Source: Rock in Rio '22)
Partially Maiden Japan
Latest Hits
Strategerygo
The Shredding On The Wall

Piece of Mind:
Live Pieces

Somewhere in Time:
Live From the Future

No Prayer for the Dying:
No Prayer for the Alive

The X Factor:
Exit Stage Under Ground

Virtual XI:
Virtual Reality

The Early Days:
4 Ed and Country

A Matter of Life and Death:
A Matter of Live and Death (as someone else also has suggested)

Maiden England World Tour:
Maiden Engalnd: Revoyage

Legacy of the Beast 3:
The Beast from the East

Piece of Mind:
Live Pieces

Somewhere in Time:
Live From the Future

No Prayer for the Dying:
No Prayer for the Alive

The X Factor:
Exit Stage Under Ground

Virtual XI:
Virtual Reality

The Early Days:
4 Ed and Country

A Matter of Live and Death (as someone else also has suggested)

Maiden England World Tour:
Maiden Engalnd: Revoyage

Legacy of the Beast 3:
The Beast from the East
Some good ideas in there! Thanks!

Piece of Mind:
Still Live

Somewhere in Time:
Studio Can Wait :D

No Prayer for the Dying:
Public Recording Number Five (considering the canon live releases, at that time, were #1 Live at the Rainbow, #2 Maiden Japan, #3 Live After Death, and #4 Maiden England)

The X Factor:
Men on the Edge of the Stage

Virtual XI:
Do you believe what you hear? (CD)
Can you believe what you see? (DVD)

The Early Days:
Here Lay Eddie

Medal of Honor or Half Live (provided they released only the AMOLAD part of the concert, not the other songs)

Piece of Mind:
Still Live

Somewhere in Time:
Studio Can Wait :D

No Prayer for the Dying:
Public Recording Number Five (considering the canon live releases, at that time, were #1 Live at the Rainbow, #2 Maiden Japan, #3 Live After Death, and #4 Maiden England)

The X Factor:
Men on the Edge of the Stage

Virtual XI:
Do you believe what you hear? (CD)
Can you believe what you see? (DVD)

The Early Days:
Here Lay Eddie

Medal of Honor or Half Live (provided they released only the AMOLAD part of the concert, not the other songs)
I really like the thought put into some of these. Public Recording Number Five in particular isn't out of the realm of possibility when it comes to some of their oddball live titles. Still Live I really dig, because I'm a sucker for things with double meanings like that has. And the Virtual XI CD/DVD combo is just gold.

A Matter of Life and Death is proving to be the one I'm having the most trouble finding something I love for it. The X Factor too--I'm currently using A Real Dark One, since it--like it's A Real counterparts, is cobbled together from multiple shows and represents a darker tone to the performance as well as a dark period in the band's history. I just got done cobbling together a pretty great sounding album, comprised mostly of the official B-Side releases, the Gothenburg show (I believe--one of the early radio broadcasts), and a couple South American shows that matched the sound quality of the earlier songs--sadly a few from the infamous Santiago show, but The Trooper did get the axe from the setlist, as Blaze should never have been asked to attempt that in its original key AND at the tail end of a set.

Thanks much!

Last edited:
Back