This forum should do like Rush's...

Some shmuck would post tour stuff in the other sections anyway. :down: I personally think it's better to get into the habit of using spoiler tags everywhere, because tour discussion inevitably pops up in other sections too, and that would make conversations more difficult ("should we move this now to the tour section?", etc.).  It's not a completely bad idea, but I prefer the way the forum works now. :)

Invader said:
Some shmuck would post tour stuff in the other sections anyway. :down: I personally think it's better to get into the habit of using spoiler tags everywhere, because tour discussion inevitably pops up in other sections too, and that would make conversations more difficult ("should we move this now to the tour section?", etc.).  It's not a completely bad idea, but I prefer the way the forum works now. :)
Some shmuck will probably forget to use the spoiler tags too. Oh well. I guess those not wanting to know the setlist will have to completely avoid this site until their show. It's the only ABSOLUTE GUARANTEED way.

Yes, I know, but like I said, even regular forum members have lapses of memory sometimes and forget to put spoiler tags.  I've done it too.  That's why it's better to have the habit of putting spoiler tags, since it's at least less likely people will forget.

As for quitting... I'm staying on this forum for 6 more days. Then it's a 2-month break, during which time I'll try to forget about Maiden until I see them. :)

Here's the deal.

1. There's no point in creating a new forum for the tour. We're not traffic-heavy enough for it.

2. The forum software we use can spoil things in topic threads from the main forum page.

3. I don't have admin rights.

So no, we're not going to make a change. Just post in the Maiden Forum, and post in the Official Tour/Review Thread. It will be one long running conversation.

This happened a while back on the AC/DC forums with their new album and you'll soon learn that it becomes a major pain in the ass trying to enforce these "no spoiler" rules. We eventually came to the conclusion that if you didn't want it spoiled, you could just not log on until after the show you're attending.

Suicidehummer said:
This happened a while back on the AC/DC forums with their new album and you'll soon learn that it becomes a major pain in the ass trying to enforce these "no spoiler" rules. We eventually came to the conclusion that if you didn't want it spoiled, you could just not log on until after the show you're attending.

You speak as if we're new at this. We're not. This ain't our first rodeo. :bigsmile:

Suicidehummer said:

As Loosey pointed out, this forum doesn't get that much traffic. There will be a few people breaking the spoiler rules, but with all moderators except Perun on the case (right?), we'll spot them fairly quickly.

fonzbear2000 said:
At least I'm not going to see them so I don't have to worry about it. Oh wait, that kind of sucks too! :lol:  :p

Hang on.  You've easily been the single most excited member of these forums concerning this tour.  You even started a new thread counting down the number of days to the start of the tour.  And now you say you're not going?  :uhm:

Travis_AKA_fonzbear2000 said:
Some shmuck will probably forget to use the spoiler tags too. Oh well. I guess those not wanting to know the setlist will have to completely avoid this site until their show. It's the only ABSOLUTE GUARANTEED way.
          nope! right before the show i thought i made it all to the concert without knowing anything about the show and then someone yelled out the opener. lol

Back