Things that come to your mind when thinking of Germany

Mainly the German friends I’ve had throughout the years.
There was a lot of UK/German-friendship going on especially here in my city (Celle, northern Germany) because there were 10.000 English soldiers and their families living here for years, but that ended in 2016 and they all went back to England. That was quite a loss cause most of the time it was really fun with most of them. Plenty of good memories.

wolfenstein3.png

Beer, sausages, lederhosen, world cup wins, Frank Rijkaard spitting on Rudi Voeller

Goethe's Faust, Richard Wagner, Friedrich Nietzsche, Thomas Mann, World War II, Octoberfest. 'Germans are very pedant'

Last edited:
You should check out one particular movie by the Zucker brothers, title is "Top Secret" (if you haven't yet). Val Kilmer is a popstar from America coming to Germany. And it's Nazi Germany and GDR as one. Great movie, full of absurdities.

Reactions: Jer
Celle, northern Germany
Oh the fond memories I have from the Lüneburger Heide, Niedersachsen, and northern Germany in general.
That's when I realized I've been taught the entirely wrong German for five years at the German language school in Sofia; how and why did Hochdeutsch become standard is beyond me.

Oh the fond memories I have from the Lüneburger Heide, Niedersachsen, and northern Germany in general.
That's when I realized I've been taught the entirely wrong German for five years at the German language school in Sofia; how and why did Hochdeutsch become standard is beyond me.
Lüneburger Heide is exactly where I'm from. Do you remember where you went here? Been to Celle? :)

Back