The Ultimate Bootleg List

That's great, thanks!  :ok:

So, shall we say that this is the beginning of a long and fruitful collaboration?  :)

Maverick said:
That's great, thanks!  :ok:

So, shall we say that this is the beginning of a long and fruitful collaboration?   :)

LOL

You can use infos from my web site if it is what you mean.
Do you plan to make the same kind of section with Maiden DVD ?

I'll probably incorporate them, yes. Actually, Ryan told me that your website was a good source for that.  :ok:

Hiya,

May I make a bold suggestion?

Why not make it a shared resource between a few of the major sites?

Mav surely knows that we have had a good interchange of info over the past few years, and I have now got "my" bootleg list @ http://www.ironmaidenheaven.com (500+ boots listed, incl. many images) all stored in a MySQL database, broken down in descriptive fields. I guess you both know just how easy it is for me to make an export of that...;)

However, as over the past few months, time has been very sparse again for me, and I know just how much work it is to maintain such a list, I propose an active collaboration between some 3-5 (or so) people who are willing to not keep on reinventing the wheel, but rather would like to keep this info shared in one central location, and use that info as desired on their sites.

To turn this proposition into a proposal, I propose/offer the following:
-If so desired, my own dedicated server can be used for it. I'll refrain from wandering off into too many geeky details, but please know that it is an AMD-64 machine, running FreeBSD 5.4, with a 73GB RAID-10 SCSI U320 disk storage system (and there is a fall-back machine, which is currently undergoing a hardware upgrade to bigger drives).
-I run MySQL on it (presently 4.0.x) along with PHP through Apache. It's easy for me to give specific users direct MySQL access on it.
-I would definitely volunteer for becoming one of the people who maintain the list, and Maverick and Ead666 (SP?) also sound like good candidates. :)

I hope you guys like this idea (and if you don't want to put the info on my machine, we can also use a different server), and that way I'd definitely be more tempted to pick up the daunting task of adding more content once more. :)

Cheers,
Olafo

PS: If you guys don't like this idea, I can of course always give you an extract of the data on my site. God knows that most of it came from other resources than my own collection too, so I won't be a party-pooper by not being willing to help you guys out. However, I would REALLY love to see such a collaboration take place, hence giving the bootleg lists kind of a 'community' concept.

Albie said:
The  show at Hammersmith Odeon on the 26th May 1983 is one of the bootlegs bootlegs I'm after, reason being - I was one of the audience.

I've got two vinyl lp's of that same gig. I was there too.

I know this isn't strictly bootleg but I've got a few copies of Piece Of Mind with the last track listed as Dune. Are they rare on ten-a-penny?

Back