the top 3 songs on dance of death other than Paschendale?

No poll? Sad....

This time "Paschendale" is my favorite, but the others are:
  1. Journeyman
  2. Gates of Tomorrow
  3. Face in the Sand

Paschendale is far from the best song on Dance of Death. Rainmaker, Dance of Death and Journeyman are all better.

Doesn't technically imply that Paschendale is the best. Just top 3 but don't bother listing P.

Btw, DoD, Rainmaker, Montsegur

1.Rainmaker
2.Dance Of Death
3.No More Lies

Another very underrated album ! Some really amazing gems.

Dance of Death and the rest I don't really care for. Montsegur is pretty cool I suppose. Can't really rate the rest all that well, Rainmaker is decent but feels lacking, while Face in the Sand has its moments too. Journeyman feels kind of empty, unfocused and a bit too long. Wildest Dreams has a decent energy behind it but it's not particularly great. No More Lies sounds like a VXI leftover in the worst possible way and the rest is just garbage.

That said, Paschendale is only the second best song on the album. The title track is an absolute gem.

e: This whole thread just reminded me: I can't believe they decided Montsegur wasn't worth playing live. What the hell? Song's a real obvious live track if you ask me.

I can't believe they decided Montsegur wasn't worth playing live. What the hell? Song's a real obvious live track if you ask me.
Another instance of a chorus (+post-chorus in this case) too difficult to sing properly live, even for a master singer like Bruce?

Back