The song and album that got you into Maiden.

Funnily enough i got into Maiden watching the Rock In Rio dvd [!--emo&:rock:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/headbang.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'headbang.gif\' /][!--endemo--] My favourite song on there at the time was Sign Of The Cross

Aces high and Powerslave [!--emo&:rock:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/headbang.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'headbang.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

In school we were taking a test and as always i had my headphones (i dont take tests) and i had left my cd's at home so i asked my friend wut he had-he gave me live after death-hearing aces high was a religous experience for me

I'm not 100% on this, since it's been a while, but I'm pretty sure the first maiden song I heard was Fear of the dark covered by Graveworm (which sounds nothing like the original). Loved it. The first maiden song I heard played by maiden must've been The Trooper live from Helsinki which I got on an mp3 CD from a friend. I was blown away by the chorus. I then heard Wicker Man and Ghost of Navigator and I've more or less been a maiden fan since then! [!--emo&:rock:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/headbang.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'headbang.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

I can also thank maiden for leading me to being introduced to the amazing solo works of Bruce and Blaze (some of Di'Anno's stuff is quite good as well)

the album that got me into [span style=\'color:red\']IRON MAIDEN [/span]was [span style=\'color:blue\']FEAR OF THE DARK[/span]

Song: Revelations
Album: Piece Of Mind
[!--emo&:rock:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/headbang.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'headbang.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Somewhere in time was my first experience with maiden, such a great album !!

My first song is "Run to the Hills"
My first LP was "Number of the Beast"

My first album was the number of the beast. I bought it because I realy liked the coverart! I put the record on and started to do some sketches with the cover as a guideline. By the time “invaders” had finished tearing up my speakers I was hooked. It was a listening experience unlike anything I had encountered before. They have dominated my stereo eversince. [!--emo&:bow:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/bowdown.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'bowdown.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

the song, which got me into maiden was.. fear of the dark.. the live one.. i heard it thrice on an internet radio and just loved it..

My first song was Aces High and Caught somewhere in time. I think it was 1985 or 1986 when I heard them. I was brought up very religious and was not allowed to listen to 'Secular' music. I was only eleven years old and did'nt know any better.
Ever since I caught the Maiden music bug. I have involved myself in thier type of lifestyle till now and I ONLY listen to Maiden and no other band. There is no other band that is as good as Iron Maiden and quite frankly, there never will be. Steve Harris is my HERO. And he is a God. [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[attachment deleted by admin]

Aces High and Powerslave album, during a holiday journey to Bulgaria in the family's Lada car, at the age of 4. The year is 1984.

Out of the Silent Planet was the song that got me into maiden, and that album, Brave New World was the first i bought.

judas be my guide and can i play with madness got me into maiden, i d loaded them [!--emo&:eek:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/ohmy.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'ohmy.gif\' /][!--endemo--] then bought best of the beast and BNW in 2001

BNW - Blood Brothers [!--emo&:rock:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/headbang.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'headbang.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Well I had always kinda liked them for they had some classy guitar work but only from hearing run to the hills, number of the beast and 2 minutes to midnight. The song that made realise that i was wrong and should take note of how good they really are was rainmaker( [!--emo&:bow:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/bowdown.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'bowdown.gif\' /][!--endemo--] amazing solo by dave on that one [!--emo&:bow:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/bowdown.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'bowdown.gif\' /][!--endemo--] ). To find out if they could be better than that i bought the Rock in Rio DVD coz it was on sale and was actually cheaper than getting any of their CD's [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--] needless to say they wer far better, - FULLY FLEDGED MAIDEN FAN EVER SINCE AND WILL BE FOREVER MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!! [!--emo&:rock:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/headbang.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'headbang.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Killers - both album and the song got me into Maiden back in 83. Then I got Powerslave and never stop.

Back