The song and album that got you into Maiden.

ZadrraS

Trooper
What was the song and the album that got you into Iron Maiden?
Mine was Moonchild, 7th son of the 7th son. One day listening to Blind Guardians i tought that i should try something new. I have heard a lot about iron Maiden so i took the (only) Iron Maiden cd my sister had. 7th son of the 7th son. i listened to moonchild..... THATS AWSOME!!!! [!--emo&:bow:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/bowdown.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'bowdown.gif\' /][!--endemo--] .... Listened to that album for few weeks, then i got the "Iron Maiden" album, i liked it too, then i got the peace of Mind.... GREAT!! [!--emo&:rock:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/headbang.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'headbang.gif\' /][!--endemo--] ......... (and then i got most of the others [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--] )
[!--emo&:nana:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lambada.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lambada.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

The song - and actually the first Maiden song that I ever heard - that got me into Maiden was The Number Of The Beast. That was the big alarmclock that told me this is the band I should be listening to, cos they sure sounded cewl.

But as their new album at the time was Piece Of Mind, that's the one I bought, first.
And that's the album that really made me love Iron Maiden.

Mine was Running free and ofcourse "iron Maiden" [!--emo&:bow:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/bowdown.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'bowdown.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Hi All!

I never forget Piece of Mind, a cassette found on my friends table.

Up the Irons!

Aces High and Wrathchild where the songs that i've first downloaded on kazaa to try and when i heard those i thought it was time to buy an album wich was Edward The Great

Tailgunner - later fear of the dark and a fan was born !

Was round my mates fellas house when he played Running Free followed by Killers, was hooked from that moment on [!--emo&:rock:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/headbang.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'headbang.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Annoying thing was they had been to see Maiden the week before on the Killers tour [!--emo&:(--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/sad.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'sad.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

wasn't an album i'm afraid it was the rir dvd [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--] love at first sight with nicko and the music [!--emo&:wub:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wub.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'wub.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-EddiesGran+May 16 2004, 04:14 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(EddiesGran @ May 16 2004, 04:14 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] Was round my mates fellas house when he played Running Free followed by Killers, was hooked from that moment on  [!--emo&:rock:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/headbang.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'headbang.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Annoying thing was they had been to see Maiden the week before on the Killers tour  [!--emo&:(--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/sad.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'sad.gif\' /][!--endemo--] [/quote]
[!--emo&:lmao:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lol.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lol.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

When my religion teacher lplayed "The Number Of The Beast" as an example of satanist music. Shortly afterwards I had the album.

RUN TO THE HILLS

I had seen an interview on tv and Steve Harris was talking about this song.

[!--QuoteBegin-Perun+May 16 2004, 06:53 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Perun @ May 16 2004, 06:53 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]When my religion teacher lplayed "The Number Of The Beast" as an example of satanist music. Shortly afterwards I had the album.[/quote]
The Number Of The Beast is Satanist music? [!--emo&:huh:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/huh.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'huh.gif\' /][!--endemo--] Your religion teacher ought to read the lyrics more carefully.

Anyways, the first Maiden song I had ever heard was 2 Minutes To Midnight. When I found out that it was on an album called Powerslave, I bought it. And the rest is history. . . [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-Tormentor+May 16 2004, 02:20 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Tormentor @ May 16 2004, 02:20 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] The song - and actually the first Maiden song that I ever heard - that got me into Maiden was The Number Of The Beast. That was the big alarmclock that told me this is the band I should be listening to, cos they sure sounded cewl.
. [/quote]
\m/

As a casual fan: Run To The Hills. I was 11 when it came out, and I'd never heard anything like it before. I eventually heard it so many times that for many years I was sick of it, but recently I've gotten back into this song in a big way.

As a true fanatic: Rime Of The Ancient Mariner from Live After Death. LAD was the first Maiden album I bought (I had always just listened to friend's copies up until that point). This song (and the live version of Powerslave from the same album) really blew my mind. These live versions (IMHO) sound much better than the studio versions. To my ears, they have more depth and heaviness than the original recordings.

Of course, within a few months of having gotten LAD, I had picked up the first 5 albums, and I was hooked for life. [!--emo&:rock:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/headbang.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'headbang.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

I just waited to answer this question.
Well, the first Maiden songs I've ever heard were:
The Number Of The Beast, Fear Of The Dark (live version), Aces High and Man On The Edge. 2 months later I randomly bought No Prayer For The Dying (it was the first one on the CDs shelf, lol) and it just blew me away!. I've listened to it thousands of times. It was the real one who got me into Maiden. 2 months later, when Dance Of Death was released I bought it, and when I managed to get some money I bought The Number Of The Beast and Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son. Hope these upcoming Summer vacations I'll have the money to buy more Maiden albums.

CHEERS

Thank you Iron Maiden!

UP THE IRONS

[!--QuoteBegin-StrangerInAStrangeLand+May 16 2004, 11:28 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(StrangerInAStrangeLand @ May 16 2004, 11:28 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] The Number Of The Beast is Satanist music? [!--emo&:huh:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/huh.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'huh.gif\' /][!--endemo--] Your religion teacher ought to read the lyrics more carefully. [/quote]
-------------------------------
Torches blazed and sacred chants were praised
As they start to cry hands held to the sky
In the night the fires burning bright
The ritual has begun Satan's work is done
666 the number of the beast
Sacrifice is going on tonight
--------------------------------
Would sound pretty satanic to me if i was an old religion teacher.

Read the whole bloody thing. It's pretty clear some poor sod is having a bad dream. Has your religion teacher never had bad dreams?

Back