The REAL reason Bring your daughter to the slaughter was a #1 song

It is Iron Maiden's 43rd most-played live song, ahead of songs including Brave New World, 7th Son of a Seventh Son, and Stranger in a Strange Land. It has been played more often than contemporaries such as Tailgunner, No Prayer for the Dying and Holy Smoke. Finally, it has been played exactly double the amount of time that Be Quick, or Be Dead has been played. Yes, I do suspect they think much more highly of the song than should be warranted.
Is that based on total number of tours or shows? Just curious. Sounds like someone has a great stats sheet somewhere.

Which is why it is frustrating that they trot out some of these less-than-popular songs like Wildest Dreams, Heaven Can Wait, and Sanctuary even more than once.
'Wildest Dreams' has only been in one or two tours since the album tour, I have no idea when 'Heaven Can Wait' was last played, but you might have a point with 'Sanctuary'. I would rather see 'Bring Your Daughter...' live than 'Wrathchild', 'Iron Maiden' or 'Fear of the Dark' again.

Hmm, interesting. I bet we could get accurate stats together!

Sounds like a job for Forostar!

I am not sure if it's my memories or the accuracy of the site, but I believe the sets are slightly off for 2 of the 13 shows I have seen, FWIW.

Sounds like a job for Forostar!
LooseCannon is quite keen on this sort of nerdy stuff too. It would be a pretty straightforward final calculation, but it might be necessary to get a fairly large number of people to meticulously go over all the info from setlists that can be found.

I'm still working on the tour maps, so I am at least 2 years away from having the free time to jump into this! One day, though.

But are you finding the co-ordinates of each venue one-by-one? If you are then no wonder it's taking so long - perhaps you could give Google Earth a list of locations and it'll spit out the co-ordinates?

But are you finding the co-ordinates of each venue one-by-one? If you are then no wonder it's taking so long - perhaps you could give Google Earth a list of locations and it'll spit out the co-ordinates?
Once I get past about the World Slavery Tour, this becomes much easier, but many of the early venues don't exist and it's hard to find out where they were. I've had to research the locations of about 60% of the Killers-and-earlier venues. I even emailed a town council in Wales, but they couldn't help me.

Exactly! I found the street it was on, and I'm fairly certain it was demolished for some office space, but I can't confirm as I can't find the street address.

Most of the Google results for it are Iron Maiden and Def Leppard fan sites. :lol: If I knew anyone from Port Talbot then I'd asked. @Welsh Phantom any thoughts on this?

I have heard of it but it was a little before my time.

If I remember I will ask our guitarist tomorrow (he is Cozy Powell's nephew so may know more than me as he was always being invited to gigs back in the day)

Even non Iron Maiden fans try to "remind me" this got to number 1 in the limbo of the holiday season. Still, it is what it is

The previous few singles and the following single were all top 10, some very close to the number one position, so it's not as if Maiden were cheating

CIPWM = number 3
TETMD = number 5
Clairvoyant = number 6
Infinite Dreams = number 6
Holy Smoke = number 3
BQOBD = number 2

source: http://www.officialcharts.com

Back