The Official Book of Souls Tour 2016 Thread (Warning: Spoilers within!)

I half wish I'd avoided that particular spoiler as it would have been a really cool surprise. Can't wait for it, though. Roll on June. :D

I half wish I'd avoided that particular spoiler as it would have been a really cool surprise. Can't wait for it, though. Roll on June. :D
Well, if you are sitting on the floor, Bruce ran to the Janick side and threw the heart from there ... so if you have floor seats and want a shot at the heart .. sit about even with that extended part of the stage 20 or 25 people back :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sure Bruce says this a lot (remember something like it on AMOLAD) but I find it cool that he acknowledges the fans for supporting Maiden on releasing new stuff. Seemed as if he was making a statement about putting out a poor album (?) and following it up with the biggest sales they've ever had. At least, that's how I interpreted it.

Well, if you are sitting on the floor, Bruce ran to the Janick side and threw the heart from there ... so if you have floor seats and want a shot at the heart .. sit about even with that extended part of the stage 20 or 25 people back :)

What is this 'seats'? :p Download will be a muddy field with tens of thousands of people. At Oslo, it's floor standing. :)

Seemed as if he was making a statement about putting out a poor album (?) and following it up with the biggest sales they've ever had. At least, that's how I interpreted it.

I didn't take it as that, more of just thanking the fans for listening and supporting the new stuff and a kind of "how cool is it that we put out a double album and people are still buying it physically" type thing.

I wonder what those hearts go for if anyone decides to sell them?

OMG I want to hunt Ebay now.

As much as I'd love to have a GMETID-style setlist with nearly all albums represented, their farewell tour will probably just be Somewhere Back In Maiden England part 3. Aces, 2 mins, wrath, TETMD, etc.
Yeah I'd want to hear as much of the Maiden catalog represented equally as possible but as "farewell" tours normally go, I'm fine with "the hits", but as we are talking about Maiden, I wouldn't at all be surprised to see a couple true rarities thrown in, whether it's Alex or not. Regardless, we still have a long way to go before even the idea of the farewell, luckily.

Also another thing... Do they use click track on Powerslave? Because the backing vocals sound like a sample of the original recording and not like the keyboard like in 2008.
I'm sure they wouldn't bother- Michael Kenney probably has the samples loaded onto his keyboard rig

Another thing, I had posted a ways back how the red and the black wasn't my first choice for the set. But man. It is made to be played live and really rocked. It had the place whipped up in a frenzy as though it was a classic staple! Between it, the title track, and death or glory.....holy crap and speed of light, I can't remember 'new songs' playing so well. No let up at all. In fact I'd go as far as to say the new songs had the place rocking harder than the older ones. Save tears of a clown. I love the song, but it didn't spark, to me. I know it's a slower tune, so there you go. I had actually forgotten how killer death or glory sounded! Really felt the love/pride for the song shining through! It is evident it's Bruce's cup of tea. And as for speed of light? No way it isn't played at every show from now on. Another instant live monster. God dang I could go on about this show all day.....

Sudden thought - I watched a bit of footage of The Red and the Black live, does Steve use a pick to play that solo?

I think Lego is right here, he's hitting the chords using his fingers/nails as though they were a pick. No doubt it would sound more precise if he were using a pick.

Back