The Number of the Beast

How good is The Number of the Beast on a scale of 1-10?

• Total voters
10 out of 10... The atmosphere created in the intro, and then of course, the scream, are simply defining moments in the history of the band, of rock n roll, and of music in general. Far from being a complicated musical arrangement, the guitar work is nevertheless killer, and the solos (especially Dave's) blind me every time...

I honestly don't care how "overplayed" it is, it;s much more exciting than Wrathchild or RTTH live, and for me it defines heavy metal. 9.

I rarely listen it in recent times, but it was one of my favorites when I started listening to Maiden. For the good ol' times: 10/10.

I love this song. It is musically brilliant, and has the most epic trade off guitar solos ever. 9/10

10. Classic, catchy riff, fast-paced greatness and cool chorus. The solos are brilliant. I won't ever grow tired of this song, unlike on RTTH, which I'm dead tired of.

Oh! I know that one. I remember seeing that in stores and I was thinking "What is he doing ripping off Maiden?!?!"

10/10

Solid gold Maiden classic - the national anthem of the Kingdom of Heavy Metal. Rhythmically one of the strangest riffs in rock. Infernal performance from Bruce Dickinson. Sounds more sinister when he sings "666" live rather than letting the crowd take over.

"The man was Clayton, who had no interest in MAIDEN, but obliged when he was asked to put on a Vincent Price kind of voice."

Heh, nice to think about that when I hear the intro (not!).

Back