The Number of the Beast album - on Bass

Welsh Phantom

Ancient Mariner
Having already posted the first 2 albums I thought I would share my bass covers of the whole Beast album if anyone is interested.

This is part of my journey of learning every Maiden song in chronological order. I've nearly finished learning Piece of Mind also, so that album shouldn't be too long if I can pull my finger out and learn To Tame A Land soon ;)

Any comments welcome good or bad!

(Btw, I had some camera problems so have bought a new camera since recording these, so sorry for the slight 'hiss' on the quieter sections!)

Invaders

Children of the Damned

The Prisoner

22, Acacia Avenue

The Number of the Beast

Awesome work! trying to learn a bit og maiden bass myself, but it's going slowly, too much other stuff in the way. I like the sound of your bass as well.
Keep posting these, they are a great motivator for me :)

Awesome work! trying to learn a bit og maiden bass myself, but it's going slowly, too much other stuff in the way. I like the sound of your bass as well.
Keep posting these, they are a great motivator for me :)

Thanks very much mate :)

I know what you mean about 'time' and other stuff in the way! I uploaded Where Eagles Dare and Revelations to my youtube channel about a month ago, and as yet have not got around to filming the rest of the Piece of Mind album. Who knows, maybe this weekend....

WED is the one I'm playing most at the moment, having a bit of a hard time with the stamina and get untight towards the end. But just love the odd syncopation in the first/last riff of the middle section. Will check that one out a.s.a.p.!

Real nice work on Eagles!
Just a quick question, on the same riff I talked abour before (first time round 1:20) do you slide there? It looks like it but don't really sound like it, and it doesn't sound like it on the original either, though the guitars do, and it's more fun to play that way? Just out of curiosity, and I hope you don't mind me asking?

Real nice work on Eagles!
Just a quick question, on the same riff I talked abour before (first time round 1:20) do you slide there? It looks like it but don't really sound like it, and it doesn't sound like it on the original either, though the guitars do, and it's more fun to play that way? Just out of curiosity, and I hope you don't mind me asking?

Thanks!

Yes I do slide (about 3 or 4 frets). It sounded a bit off otherwise, even though Steve only slides now and again :)

Back