The Next Album (expectations / desires)

I heard that Iron Maiden will play in South Ossetia tomorrow, then I realised I was talking in my sleep.

Acacia said:
I dreamt that I was counting fans' heads in the pit, then realised that I was counting sheep. :yawn:

Did you also think it was at a Maiden show only to realize it was AC/DC?

An instrumental would be awesome on the next album actually, now that I think about it.

Well, if they do the same cycle it can come out next year, 3 years apart per album. Like the past 3 ones.

An instrumetal would be phenomenal, with their ideas even two can be awesome. If they did an instrumental as an album opener and closer it would be nice too.
As for the overall theme, maybe they could explore imagination and the psyche or something like that. Piece of mind did have some psyche based songs but they could explore on it more, plus a psyche instrumental can be great. Or an album paying homage to fallen empires with eddie in the album artwork as a knight or something with a burning city in the background?

OK, I'm not joking here, but with all this talk of an instrumental, how cool would it be to have 4 guitars, with Bruce playing a part?  Honestly, I have no idea how that would sound-- any ideas?

Well I've said it before, and I'll say it again
You get nothing for nothing: expect it when
You're backseat driving, and your hands ain't on the wheel

Oh wait, wrong band.

Invader said:
I've said this once before, but: QUADRUPLE GUITAR SOLOS! :ok:

Always crossed my mind. But we're sure to be surprised, since we don't know much about Bruce's guitar style.
But hey, it's expectations that may or may not come out. We'll see eventually.

Cosmiceddie said:
I'm longing for a better produced album than the last two, which failed on that score.

I totaly agree. I don't think that there will be great changes in the sound from AMOLAD to this new album. I just expect a better production.

I don't know what to expect, but here's what I'd like to see.

In no order...
1. An instrumental song.
2. Songs of various lengths.
3. More songs about historic events.  As some have mentioned a song about the intellectual and spiritual movements during the Renaissance would be nice.
4. A song with a cool bass intro.
5. A couple of songs about historic battles.  No repeats.
6. Keep chorus repetitions to a minimum.
7. Time changes during long songs.  This one is very likely.
8. A song that feels like it has double bass drums.
9. Inspired soloing.
10. Inspired lyrics.

I'm not too demanding.  ;)

I would like one in the lines of AMOLAD. Cus thats my fav Maiden album. And the whole sound and lyrics and Bruce's vocals and everything is just so...heaven :wub:

By the way, I'm new here, hi :)

I believe Nicko's drumwork is also worth a special mention, don't you think?  :ok:

Genghis Khan said:
I don't know what to expect, but here's what I'd like to see.

In no order...
1. An instrumental song.
2. Songs of various lengths.
3. More songs about historic events.  As some have mentioned a song about the intellectual and spiritual movements during the Renaissance would be nice.
4. A song with a cool bass intro.
5. A couple of songs about historic battles.  No repeats.
6. Keep chorus repetitions to a minimum.
7. Time changes during long songs.  This one is very likely.
8. A song that feels like it has double bass drums.
9. Inspired soloing.
10. Inspired lyrics.

Genghis Khan almost got me covered! A serious add, would be : this album to be a concept album
yes.
no battles no history, only some story line like it comes out of a Tolkien book
TOLKIEN ! ferries, middle earth, hobbits etc etc

I had a vision about it on 26 September 2006 * (two years and one month away from now!) when I first listened the awesome Legacy
then I dreamed first time how the next album of my dreams /expectations would be

musically The Legacy could be an awesome Tolkien song, if lyrics were different
as I was not understanding Bruce's singing so well, I made up an imaginery story in my head

"what did you bring to the table" made me thing of a prodigal son that leaves his house

the AWESOME moment, was about 4:47

Left to all our golden sons
All to pick up on the peace
You could have given all of them
A little chance... at least

Take the world to a better place
Given them all just a little hope
Just think what a legacy
You now... will leave

that time this exactly image came to my mind : the front cover of Magnum's On a Story Teller's Night

rmoep413.jpg

plus I was confused with the lyric "ignorance is leading" to death with "England is leaded to Death"
and that touched me enormously !! I loved it immediately, and this enhanced my impression about
Tolkien feeling, you know, celtic tradition etc

well... I just shared a very special moment of me right now

*26 August 2006, Friday

____no5 said:
TOLKIEN ! ferries, middle earth, hobbits etc etc

Yes!  It could be an album about The Silmarillion!  This clearly hasn't been done before!

LooseCannon said:
Yes!  It could be an album about The Silmarillion!  This clearly hasn't been done before!

a Tolkien /Maiden concept album! it's not likely to be done, but what an awesome it would be !!
regarding my previous post, can you imagine some Tolkien-like story with Legacy's music ??

Back