The Next Album (expectations / desires)

soapymongoose said:
Personally I think whatever they do it will get 100% given by every member because I think the SBiT tour will have given them more "fire" than they've had in a while and is probably what they needed to remind themselves that they can do anything they want, but do it a lot better than anyone else can.

I tend to think otherwise...they were far more engaged "on stage" with AMOLAD tour than with SBIT. They always had more fire while playing most recent songs.

SBIT #2...i don't buy it. Especially if it's "just a couple of remote places". It seems too non-Maiden, and repeating the history tour. Bruce said himself he's going to be in Maiden as long as Maiden does/plans to do new material.

He also said that year 2009 will be..."something". If we rule out the SBIT #2 which is the most extreme rumor i've heard regarding their future plans, we can assume following :

- Maiden England remastered DVD with extra 1986-1988 material, plus the 3rd part of the documenary, perhaps in the first half of 2009, or Donington 2007 DVD.

- 15th studio album, released somewhere in summer of 2009.

-  Bruce Dickinson solo project, who could release something in the first half of 2009.

Now, i'm confident about the DVD, just not sure about which one. Perhaps even both. We all know that they filmed Donington for DVD, and it's logical that it'll come out before the next studio album, however, they've also started working on remastering the Maiden England video. If we go by the timeline;

DOD -> DOD Tour -> Early Days -> Early Days Tour -> AMOLAD -> AMOLAD Tour -> LAD DVD -> SBIT Tour

...it's broken allright because SBIT Tour covered '86-'88 and LAD DVD preceeded it, so the Maiden England DVD won't fit there. Just a hypothesis. Both DVDs could happen soon, i'm not sure which one.

Now that would cover the first months of the next year, since they will take a few months break till New Year's Eve or something. Steve could return to the studio to work on the DVD.

Since it took them two months to fully realize AMOLAD, the next album could be due in summer. However, since Bruce is a workaholic, and he didn't release his own record since 2005 (will be 4 years after their break), he might embark on his way for a while, because they'll all have extra months on their own if Steve is working on the DVD.

The way i see it, 2009 should give us a DVD, and a studio record from Maiden or Bruce Dickinson. It's all just educated speculation, but i think it makes sense.

Yeah, the Donington DVD is practically done, at least the audio part (it's been listed on Kevin Shirley's site for some time now). As for the video, I guess that Steve had enough time to edit it to his epyleptic  standards - the last AMOLAD tour date was July 24th 2007, the first SBIT date was February 1st 2008. So, assuming that the band took two months (at the most, I don't think they need that much time) to practice the SBIT setlist, he had time from late August (assuming he took a month off after the previous tour) until the end of November, or about 3 months. It could be done...

As for Maiden England, it is also listed as done by the Caveman (as is the "Somewhere Back In Time (movie)"), check the list out here. Also, I don't think they'll be doing any video editing since it's a classic video, in the same vein as Live After Death.

Your guesses are pretty good, Zare. Live at Donington will most certanly be released before the next studio album, but Maiden England (+ documentaries and the next history part), who knows... And there's also the SBIT documentary... Loads of material to be released. This Christmas could be a nice time to release something, and to allow for enough time to pass to release another DVD later on in 2009.

There is also an entry "Amosw (Not scheduled yet)", it could be who knows what.

I really wish they renege and don't release Donington on DVD.  It was easily the worst show I've heard from either leg of the AMOLAD tour.

It was a great show, but I'd prefer something from the first part of the tour.

Don't you find it odd it's named "Live At Donington" on Shirley's website? If it's really Download Festival 2007 gig, then we're going to have two Maiden releases named "Live At Donington". Could this be the 1992 remaster? More so, the "AMOSW" listed on Caveman's web could be "A Matter Of ......", meaning some AMOLAD tour material stuff.

No, it's the '07 version, look here: http://www.cavemanproductions.com/live.htm . He's also made a point (so far, at least) not to meddle in Martin Birch's 2.0 mixes of LAD and Maiden England. So, the Live at Donington is listed as 5.1 and 2.0. Also, that may not be the definite name for the live album when it gets released. Maybe they'll simply call "A Matter of the Beast live" or something like that.

GuineaPig said:
The rumours I've been hearing from the IM fan club is that there will be a Seventh Son based tour next year, with a couple warm-up show in Britain before about 10-15 shows in South America (including Rock in Rio), and then more shows in the Far East with a bunch of countries not done before or recently (including Australia and New Zealand).

Regardless, we'll see.  They better come to Montreal  :mad:

My lord, if this is true...I've just found this, which backs up this rumour:
http://dev.eventful.com/glasgow/events/ ... ox-details

"Iron Maiden are to embark on a mini-UK tour in the Winter! It will however not be the "Somewhere Else on Tour"-setlist, but a special greatest hits show, and the set will be mixed about a bit each night to get as many songs covered as possible! As well as this, a brand new stage show will be in action! You better hurry though, as these will be our last dates for a long time, because we'll be going back into the studio after this!

The tour consists of 13 dates, these are:

1st December - Glasgow Barrowlands 2nd December - Glasgow Barrowlands 5th December - Cardiff International Arena 6th December - Cardiff International Arena 8th December - Belfast Odyssey Arena 9th December - Belfast Odyssey Arena 10th December - Dublin The Point 11th December - Dublin The Point 13th December - Manchester MEN Arena 14th December - Birmingham NEC 16th December - London Earls' Court 17th December - London Earls' Court 18th December - London Earls' Court"

Yay Manchester if this is true!!

Yeah, that's been around for a while. However, it can't be true, because even Rod would not be so boldfaced as to say "only UK shows in 2 years" and then book Maiden for 3 nights at Earl's Court.

However, I still think there's a chance for some small (read: VERY small) warm-up shows in the U.K.  There's a certain East London pub due for demolition in December...

The Clairvoyant said:
No I can't believe...this can't be true...

It's a fake,there's nothing on the official web site.
The show in twickenham was the only one of 2008.

Don't you think I would have checked there already? I'm not an idiot.

GuineaPig said:
Yeah, that's been around for a while. However, it can't be true, because even Rod would not be so boldfaced as to say "only UK shows in 2 years" and then book Maiden for 3 nights at Earl's Court.

However, I still think there's a chance for some small (read: VERY small) warm-up shows in the U.K.  There's a certain East London pub due for demolition in December...

I just did a quick check around, and all of those venues have nothing on, on those nights except for Cardiff which has Slipknot and Stereophonics on each night and London and Dublin which I couldn't check to see.
I have no doubts that this rumour is not true, its odd for it not to be announced yet by the band/rod/official site nor available to buy tickets for yet, with less than 2 months to go. But I'm allowed to have some small amusement imagining if this was true, am I not?

It would be more amusing to ponder wether the other rumour I indicated is true.  It would be really cool if it was...

The Clairvoyant said:
I hope it will be released next year....

They better do that. Waiting years to release a live gig I find pointless. I rather look forward to the new album instead.

Ardius said:
"Iron Maiden are to embark on a mini-UK tour in the Winter! It will however not be the "Somewhere Else on Tour"-setlist, but a special greatest hits show, and the set will be mixed about a bit each night to get as many songs covered as possible! As well as this, a brand new stage show will be in action! You better hurry though, as these will be our last dates for a long time, because we'll be going back into the studio after this!

No offense to you, Ardius, but I find this a load of BS, the main clue being that the set will be "mixed about a bit each night". That will never happen on a Maiden tour. Also the 13 dates posted on an unofficial site that has no connection to the Maiden community kind of contradict Rod's official statement about only 2 UK shows in 2 years. :D

If something will happen,it's going to happen next year.For this year nothing will happen,I think,maybe they will announce something next year,for now nothig is official and we have to wait yet.

I hope, their next album will be in 80's style. I'd like to hear new Powerslave: One loooong epic(like TROTAM), few rocky songs with great riffs(4-6 minutes long like 2MTM), few fast energic tracks max 5 minutes length, like Access High , and INSTRUMENTAL song once again. Something on Genghis Chan style. YEAH that would be great!

I can't see there ever being another instrumental, unfortunately.  And if Maiden's musical progression holds, we'll see another proggish album.  Not that there's anything wrong with that, I've rather enjoyed the last three albums, especially AMOLAD.  But hey, it's still all up in the air.

Back