The new IM off. BB

Maidenaustria

Ancient Mariner
Hey all!

What do you think on the new off. Maiden board?
For me - I don't like it that much I like this board.

The layout sucks.... but Skunk announced to change it more Maiden-style soon... [!--emo&:dork:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/dorky[1].gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'dorky[1].gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Is this the 'V-Bulletin' board your talking about????.... cause if so thats not new, its just temporary.....

Skunk says this one is temporary while she works on the new one.....

well anyway, the 'V-Bulletin' board comes up for me, but the way people were talking the other day sugggested that there is a new one [!--emo&:huh:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/huh.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'huh.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

have i missed summit????......

Skunk:

The old board had a catastrophic failure last week, which unfortunately nobody told me about as I was off sick. All the data on that board will have to be retrieved from backup tapes at the data centre, which can take a fair bit of time. So, I thought it would be preferable to launch this new clean board in the meantime. The old board *will* be back for you to retrieve information from, but it could be a week before that happens.

So, with this being a new board, you WILL need to re-register and start from scratch. Sorry for the inconvenience.

and here
[a href=\'http://www.ironmaiden.org/showthread.php?t=353\' target=\'_blank\']http://www.ironmaiden.org/showthread.php?t=353[/a]

The vbulletin board will be the board in future, as I wrote, Skunk will change the layout though...
anyway, it sucks....

The layout will change, but apart from that, it's a blast in the future. So many new functionnalities, for instance (in no order):

- contextual blocks appearing when you're on a thread subject: it gives you the start of the inner text, thus allowing you not to open a thread to know what's inside,
- possibility to open the votes: you can see who voted what in polls,
- quick reply (esp. for those having a slow connection),
- better layout as for all graphics (buttons,...),
- reputation (already in use in a way in this forum with the warning signal),
- faster BB in general (better encoding, it seems),
- numbered post in a thread: to quickly see where you are in a post and remember when you answered for instance,
- better use of contextual graphics for all the tools (search box appearing under the menu, quick links,...)

The only problem: it stopped working an hour ago [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Cheers

[!--QuoteBegin-The Saint+May 13 2004, 12:32 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(The Saint @ May 13 2004, 12:32 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] The only problem: it stopped working an hour ago  [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Cheers [/quote]
Well - good things don't last for ever.....

[!--emo&:lmao:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lol.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lol.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

The never ending story. Is it impossible to create, buy or hire a secure & stable BB? [!--emo&:rolleyes2:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/rolleyes[2].gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'rolleyes[2].gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Do you really think that the maidenfans board is the ideal place to discuss this mental institution for retards called official Iron Maiden BB? [!--emo&-_---][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/sleep.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'sleep.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Well, yes. Rather that than transexuals. [!--emo&:blink:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/blink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'blink.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--emo&:lol:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lol[1].gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lol[1].gif\' /][!--endemo--] You have a point there, Tormentor!

[!--QuoteBegin-Tormentor+May 13 2004, 05:16 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Tormentor @ May 13 2004, 05:16 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] Well, yes. Rather that than transexuals.  [!--emo&:blink:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/blink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'blink.gif\' /][!--endemo--] [/quote]
Show a bit of respect for Real World, please. He/she's suffered a lot because of heartless comments like yours! [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-Maverick+May 13 2004, 07:01 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Maverick @ May 13 2004, 07:01 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] He/she's suffered a lot because of heartless comments like yours!  [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--] [/quote]
He/She????
I thought RW is a guy..!?!

[!--emo&:blink:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/blink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'blink.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-Maverick+May 13 2004, 09:01 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Maverick @ May 13 2004, 09:01 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] Show a bit of respect for Real World, please. He/she's suffered a lot because of heartless comments like yours!  [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--] [/quote]
OH! I'm so sorry! I HAD NO IDEA! [!--emo&:blush:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/blush.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'blush.gif\' /][!--endemo--] [!--emo&:blink:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/blink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'blink.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-Maverick+May 13 2004, 04:15 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Maverick @ May 13 2004, 04:15 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] Do you really think that the maidenfans board is the ideal place to discuss this mental institution for retards called official Iron Maiden BB?  [!--emo&-_---][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/sleep.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'sleep.gif\' /][!--endemo--] [/quote]
It ain't much better here, what with all your whining and bitching about the IM BB [!--emo&;)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'wink.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

It's like one of those bloody sewing circles for old women [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

You have to understand that there are A LOT of users on the IM BB, all from different parts of the world. Silly things will always be said in a community like that. Key is to ignore it. Why bother bitching about it all the time? [!--emo&^_^--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/happy.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'happy.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

I bitch about whatever I want and whenever I feel like it! [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-Maverick+May 14 2004, 06:39 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Maverick @ May 14 2004, 06:39 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] I bitch about whatever I want and whenever I feel like it!  [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--] [/quote]
..."cause I own this 'kin place" - you forgot to add.

[!--QuoteBegin-Cyrus+May 14 2004, 04:33 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Cyrus @ May 14 2004, 04:33 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] It ain't much better here, what with all your whining and bitching about the IM BB  [!--emo&;)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'wink.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

It's like one of those bloody sewing circles for old women  [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

You have to understand that there are A LOT of users on the IM BB, all from different parts of the world. Silly things will always be said in a community like that. Key is to ignore it. Why bother bitching about it all the time?  [!--emo&^_^--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/happy.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'happy.gif\' /][!--endemo--] [/quote]
True, very true. I enjoy both places, here and IM BB.

[!--QuoteBegin-Cyrus+May 14 2004, 02:33 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Cyrus @ May 14 2004, 02:33 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] It ain't much better here, what with all your whining and bitching about the IM BB  [!--emo&;)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'wink.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

It's like one of those bloody sewing circles for old women  [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

You have to understand that there are A LOT of users on the IM BB, all from different parts of the world. Silly things will always be said in a community like that. Key is to ignore it. Why bother bitching about it all the time?  [!--emo&^_^--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/happy.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'happy.gif\' /][!--endemo--] [/quote]
we're not whining and bitching - just talking [!--emo&;)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'wink.gif\' /][!--endemo--]
But your comments are true, with such a lot of people - there will always be stupidity [!--emo&-_---][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/sleep.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'sleep.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

And Tormentor:

..."cause I own this 'kin place" - you forgot to add.

was hilarious [!--emo&:lmao:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lol.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lol.gif\' /][!--endemo--] !!!!!

Back