The most "iconic" line-up for IM

Forostar said:
Indeed. If there is any difference, it might be a month or so, not much more. I once tried to calculate it, but the problem is that I don't know in which month Janick replaced Adrian.
According to Mick Wall's "Run To The Hills" book, Janick joined the band a day before the start of the recording of No Prayer For The Dying. According to Wikipedia, NPFTD recordings started in June 1990.

Can you calculate it now? :D

Btw. again according to that book, when Adrian left, he was replaced "quickly", so I guess that he left in May or June.

And, as I'm sure you're both aware, there's the little story Davey tells on the official website, if this helps place it too...

In 1990, when Adrian left the band, Janick had just worked on Bruce’s solo album (‘Tattooed Millionaire’) and obviously, he was going to be the first choice as a replacement [...] He came down to rehearsal and the stacks had been set up facing each other, wall-to-wall [...] -Dave Murray

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Guy knows who Thunderstick is, yet, doesn't quite know the line-ups of Maiden?

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

Not buying that one.

Nice try tho.

Darth Maiden said:
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Guy knows who Thunderstick is, yet, doesn't quite know the line-ups of Maiden?

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

Not buying that one.

Nice try tho.

I take it as he's just a Samson fan trying to get into Maiden, knowing that two of the members from Samson were part of Maiden.

Nicko McBrain

Dave Murray        Adrian Smith        Steve Harris          Janick Gers     

Bruce Dickinson

You forgot Michael Kenny.

Everyone knows the most pivitol and iconic maiden lineup was:

Steve Harris
Dennis Wilcock
Terry Wapram
Tony Moore
Thunderstick

thomason said:
                                        Nicko McBrain

Dave Murray        Adrian Smith        Steve Harris          Janick Gers     

Bruce Dickinson
I prefer the 2-2-1 formation:

Nicko McBrain

Adrian Smith        Steve Harris     

Dave Murray          Janick Gers               

Bruce Dickinson

I might push Adrian up a bit and do the Gerrard role coming in from deep (he's the best attacking midfielder Maiden have), but you must have Janick and Dave covering the flanks to feed Bruce who would be up front on his own. However, as Steve likes to come forward more than Adrian, we can't be too exposed at the back so I would like Dave to cover when 'Arry attacks. Nicko is a safe pair of hands at the back.

Have a praise for this, Albie, and this brings your rating to 3-4-3 which I guess is a formation Foro is quite familiar with, as it was frequently used by Holland earlier.

But who are worthy of a place in the bench?

Bayley and Stratton, I think. Wilcox, Sampson, Parsons, etc. are no longer match fit and Di'anno is only just out the nick.

I still prefer Paul as a singer. He's just sounds more raw, more guts. Sometimes it's as if Bruce is in a carry-on version of Maiden (as in the Carry-On films of the 70's), which is alright, but I got into them in the early days and guess that Paul and the original line up have stuck in my brain. Just the energy and rawness of the early shows was amazing. It was like when I went to see the Damned, Iggy, the Ruts, Motorhead and stuff like that, totally mindblowing.

Eddies Wingman said:
I guess Kenney should also have a place in the bench ...?
Possibly, but with my 2-2-1 formation, he would be out of his natural position should he be needed to replace anyone.

It must be fairly easy for them to go up against Rush in the League, then, considering they use a similar formation:

Lifeson
Lee - Lee
Lee - Lee
Peart

[quote author=LooseCannon
It must be fairly easy for them to go up against Rush in the League, then, considering they use a similar formation:

Lifeson
Lee - Lee
Lee - Lee
Peart

This is hilarious man.  Truly epic.  I guess I envisioned The RUSH three on the field for a second and LOL man.  Epic.  I usually head for the
Heaven Hell after reading your post Loose {your signature]  But this has me reaching for the SIGNALS!!  have a praise brother!!

bornless1 said:
[quote author=LooseCannon

Lifeson
Lee - Lee
Lee - Lee
Peart

This is hilarious man.  Truly epic.  I guess I envisioned The RUSH three on the field for a second and LOL man.  Epic.  I usually head for the
Heaven Hell after reading your post Loose {your signature]  But this has me reaching for the SIGNALS!!  have a praise brother!!
Surely you could do better than that.  ;)

Back