the most beautiful building in world in your opinion is?

You find?
Ok I need to give it a though for mine. In the meantime, since you apparently appreciate a good design have you seen the documentary for the master designer Dieter Rams? He is the man behind some ground-breaking BRAUN designs and the main inspiration for Apple's Johnny Ive.
What a genius!

Thanks for sharing this link. I've seen the trailer and this man is my hero. I have the BRAUN orange juicer that he designed that my mom bought then in the 70's. We need more quality documentaries like these.

About the most beautiful building in the world…I don't know. I like the Art Deco buildings of NY like Empire State Building but I find Oscar Niemeyer buildings in Brasilia very innovative. I think he imagined the city of future. Some of his buildings could be taken from a science fiction movie.
Btw. I think I've read somewhere that when Janick is on tour he gets time to take architectural photos. And he loves Brasilia and Niemeyer buildings.

https://www.architecturaldigest.com/gallery/stunning-modern-architecture-oscar-niemeyer

I realize this is a pretty "Joe Tourist" answer, but it's tough to top Neuschwanstein Castle
disney-castle-neuschwanstein.jpg
:

As for individual residences, I also think it's hard to top Frank Lloyd Wright's Fallingwater.

fallingwater.jpg

Both make brilliant use of their natural surroundings.

For me, nothing can surpass Rome's Pantheon. Both externally, with the surprising association of a rectangular porch and a circular room, and internally, with the superb color marbles, the niches, and all the historical layers that are represented here. I paid a visit to it 8 days ago, and that reinforced my love and admiration for it.

Nothing beats my end of terrace house.

Other than that, there are many superb examples of beautiful buildings in the world.

Last edited:
I realize this is a pretty "Joe Tourist" answer, but it's tough to top Neuschwanstein Castle
disney-castle-neuschwanstein.jpg
:

As for individual residences, I also think it's hard to top Frank Lloyd Wright's Fallingwater.

fallingwater.jpg

Both make brilliant use of their natural surroundings.

Falling Water indeed is great, have it on my living room wall in XXL.
When you like Neuschwanstein that much, you'll also like Schloss Marienburg, Pattensen, Germany as well I'm sure. I live only a few miles away from the place.

1.JPG2.JPG

Last edited:
Not sure I think it the most beautiful in the world, but the Sage arts centre in Gateshead is pretty fascinating. It often reflects an enhanced colour of the sky on the day (which is most often silver-grey, being in North East England.

1651326371838.png

Back