The Maidenfans.com Great Prank of 2007

LooseCannon

Enterprise-class aircraft carrier
Staff member
Down below is the planning thread for our Great Prank of 2007.  Thanks everyone for laughing with us instead of getting upset!  It was fun.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Hey RW.  We have resurrected thousand_suns's account in order to play an epic prank on Raven.

Since he was banned at server level we felt it would be fun to play with Raven a little.  His hatred of thousand_suns is easily exploited and he's usually a good chap about these sorts of things in the end.

We started by sending him the following PM:

Raven, I am thinking that my ban is lifted by the moderators. I don't think they would let me know. I am begging you, could you ask of them to reinstall me? I can't wait to post anything I want.

And one or two posts...

From the chat:

<LooseCannon> Trying to figure out what happened
<LooseCannon> With our favourite Malaysian
<Raven> lol
<Raven> Did I tell you he sent me a PM?
<LooseCannon> No, I hadn't heard
<Raven> I forwarded it to RW
<LooseCannon> What did it say?
<Raven> I can only assume that he used another computer
<Raven> "I can't wait to post anything I want."
<LooseCannon> He sent me a bunch of emails on a similar vein when he got banned before
<LooseCannon> When he got his 2 week warning ban, and again when he got permabanned
<Raven> NP: Nomad Soul - Tell Me Why [Demo]
<LooseCannon> Here's the first one
<LooseCannon> LooseCannon,
<LooseCannon> Can you help me? Last month I was banned from posting
<LooseCannon> and sending personal messages into Maidenfans.com
<LooseCannon> forum for violating its rules. Until now I cannot send
<LooseCannon> all my messages. I am begging you. Can you make me
<LooseCannon> available so that I can post anything again? About
<LooseCannon> that trivia I will post my answer and let me post my
<LooseCannon> question for other forum members to answer. I promise
<LooseCannon> I won't do that mistake again.
<LooseCannon> Here's another gem:
<LooseCannon> LooseCannon,
<LooseCannon> So my ban expires in just 6 days? I thank you for
<LooseCannon> explaining. And I even wonder when will I post any
<LooseCannon> message again.
* LooseCannon (x2002uxg@XXXXX.eastlink.ca) Quit (Excess flood)

The plot thickens, as Raven is starting to get irritated.
So naturally, I stir the pot a bit more in the chatroom...

[12] <SinisterMinisterX> I think LooseCannon said, the other day, that 1000-suns is using a Hawaiian IP now.
[12] <SinisterMinisterX> See, most of our banning tricks relied on banning Malaysia.
[12] <Raven> Hawaii?!
[12] <SinisterMinisterX> Anyway, 1000-suns seems to have taken a liking to you.
[12] <Raven> Oh, dear
[12] <SinisterMinisterX> Maybe you could help us.
[12] <Raven> BAN HIM!
[12] <Raven> What, like an informer? :p
[12] <SinisterMinisterX> He is banned. We're trying to figure out what went wrong.
[12] <SinisterMinisterX> I think he hacked his password.
[12] <SinisterMinisterX> Well, not him. He's not smart enough.
[12] <SinisterMinisterX> I think he got someone to do it for him.
[12] <SinisterMinisterX> But yes, we might be able to use you as an informer. An undercover agent.
[12] <Raven> Ugh
[12] <SinisterMinisterX> Maybe you could send him a PM and ask him how he got back in.
[12] <SinisterMinisterX> He might tell you.
[12] <Raven> Hmmm
[12] <Raven> I doubt it
[12] <Raven> Well
[12] <SinisterMinisterX> He probably wouldn't tell the mods. He knows we hate him.
[12] <Raven> I doubt it would be possible to make sense of his reply

Note: per LC's suggestion, we are now fully documenting the prank in this thread.
When the prank is over, we'll move this thread to some publicly viewable place for all to enjoy.

And based on that, let's list all the people who are already in on the joke.
(In other words, all the people who Raven should be pissed off at. :bigsmile: )
SinisterMinisterX, LooseCannon, Perun, Real World, Shadow, national_acrobat, Hunlord, Black Dragon, Forostar
Did I miss anyone?

Right.  Only half here right now.
Update:

Slime just received the following PM from Yax:

Yax said:
Could you PLEASE tell me WHY you've come back? You are banned ,and that means that you are NOT TO BE POSTING ON THE FORUM! You are not wanted here by ANYONE

Shall we ponder a response?

How about something where Slime says he thought Raven lifted his ban? Maybe we can scare up some Yax vs. Raven action.

Something like;

Yax;
Your message was not lost to my understanding.  Ever since Raven assisted me in returning to this forum I have been forgetting the rules.  Please!  Assist in my understanding.  I do not know why you would said such things to me.  All I want is to post anything that I want.

The latest from the chatroom...

[14] <Raven> http://forum.maidenfans.com/index.php?topic=13001.0;topicseen
[14] <Raven> wtf?!
[14] <Raven> Someone try and explain his logic to me
[14] <Invader> Don't try
[14] <Invader> That post...
[14] <Invader> I don't even get what his whole point is
[14] <Invader> ???
[14] <Raven> I'm beginning to think he has some sort of obsession with me
[14] <Raven> And, if he is posting from Hawaii, he's getting closer :S
[14] <Invader> Hawaii?
[14] <SinisterMinisterX> There are preliminary indications he is posting from Hawaii.
[14] <Invader> IP?
[14] <SinisterMinisterX> Yes. Something like that.
[14] <SinisterMinisterX> LooseCannon found that evidence, I think he got it from IP.
[14] <Raven> ...or perhaps a phase variation registry?
[14] <Invader> or just a changing IP?
[14] <SinisterMinisterX> It's possible he's routing through a Hawaiian provider.
[14] <Invader> But how did he get back in *with the same account*?
[14] <SinisterMinisterX> We suspect he (or more likely, some friend of his) found a way to hack into the forum software.
[14] <Raven> But why???
[14] <Raven> Could he not go to a more populated forum?
[14] <SinisterMinisterX> He's obsessed with our forum.
[14] <Raven> He's like a puppy
[14] <SinisterMinisterX> Ever since he was banned, IP logs show he was trying to log in every single day.
[14] <Invader> When the whole goddam forum hates him, why the hell does he want to come back?
[14] <Raven> Crikey
[14] <SinisterMinisterX> He finally found a way, somehow.
[14] <Raven> He's going into withdrawal ;)
[14] <Raven> Maybe Maidenfans is the only thing that held his life together
[14] <Raven> And, once he became banned, he lost the will to live
[14] <Raven> His ghost is now trapped in the server
[14] <SinisterMinisterX> I don't think he knows what "banned" means.
[14] <SinisterMinisterX> His emails and posts indicate that he doesn't understand the concept.
[14] <Invader> And it just can't fit into his head that he is not wanted...
[14] <Raven> I'm sure his banning brought that stiff upper Malaysian lip to a quiver
[14] <Raven> And a tear into his little, Wiki-filled eye
[14] <Raven> Maybe my Ash from Alien comparison is a bit off
[14] <Raven> He's more like one of the robots from Blade Runner
[14] <Raven> Replicants?

Yax is going apeshit, but Raven is keeping his sanity.

Question: what level of insanity are we seeking before we reveal the deception?
LooseCannon said:
Something like;

Yax;
Your message was not lost to my understanding.  Ever since Raven assisted me in returning to this forum I have been forgetting the rules.  Please!  Assist in my understanding.  I do not know why you would said such things to me.  All I want is to post anything that I want.

That's perfect. Send it.

Although Yax may be putting Slime on ignore ... so will he still get the PM?

SinisterMinisterX said:
Question: what level of insanity are we seeking before we reveal the deception?

It might be worth our time to let Yax in on it sooner rather than later - that is, if our intended target is to remain Raven.

Otherwise, we should send Yax a soothing PM.

Well, it's time for escalation.  Sent the following PM to Invader, Yax, and Raven, as well as to the mods and Foro (who also flamed) to make it seem less inconspicuous:

Hello friends,
I am still noticing that ever since I was assisted by yourselfs in making my return that there is poor language directed towards me.  I wish to thank Raven for making my life much more simple with his additions.  Now!  I can continue by posting all I wish.  It is to all of you that I dedicate my most thought out post.

Reply from Invader:

You twisted little fucktard.  Why can't you just crawl back to the whole where you came from.  You were BANNED.  THROWN FUCKING OUT.  NO ONE FUCKING WANTS YOU HERE!

And if you don't get what banned means?  It means you're completely, utterly, NOT ALLOWED TO POST HERE.  Just get that into your thick little excuse of a brain and leave this forum.

A note from Raven to me, LC:

LC,

This is the first PM 1000_suns sent me.

"Remember me?

Raven,
I am thinking that my ban is lifted by the moderators. I don't think they would let me know. I am begging you, could you ask of them to reinstall me? I can't wait to post anything I want."

Now, this was sent after he somehow violated his ban, and had begun posting tripe (6th December).  I can only assume that he believes I somehow got him unbanned...which doesn't exactly make sense, since he appealed to me after managing to worm his way back in.

So, just before you jump to any conclusions, I've had no part in the prick's return.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys, I was thinking, the next step:

thousand_suns gets angry.

PM to Raven:

Hello Raven, remember me?

I wish to say my thanks to you for the time I have spent on this, our forum.  It is an atmosphere no man wishes to not breathe, though I do.  If it is to be our end then it be so.  I understand that there is legal implications to you.  Perhaps it should be reminded that when your email contacted me of one week past, you said that I have been available because of your efforts.  Be honoured!  Soon I will post the message all have been waiting for.  You will like not to hear it.

LooseCannon said:
There you have it, folks.  Thanks for playing!

Haha, good one boys. I actually thought the infamous 1000 Suns had returned, and some of the reactions were quite entertaining  :lol:

But I guess that now Raven is going to drink all your beer - as Perun does when one doesn't post a reason for his/her choice in a poll  :)

Hahahahaha, I love the calculating precision of execution... almost military-like... scary!

Every successful hoax contains a lot of truth ... otherwise, people won't believe the lies that are mixed in there.
Consider this, from a chat posted above...

SinisterMinisterX said:
[14] <SinisterMinisterX> Ever since he was banned, IP logs show he was trying to log in every single day.

Though it was unknown to all but the mods, that is actually true. We eventually banned 1000-suns so completely he can't even view our site anymore, but for a while after his ban he was indeed trying to come back and log in every single day.

Back