The Maidenfans Chatroom

A

Anonymous

I see that a lot of people use the board a bit like a chatroom, so why not go to the chatroom itself? Real World left pretty clear instructions as to how to get there. Here they are again:

To access the Maidenfans chat room you will need an IRC client. The most popular client for Windows platforms is mIRC, which you can download from [a href=\'http://www.mirc.com\' target=\'_blank\']www.mirc.com[/a] or one of its mirrors.

If you're running on a Mac, you can download a client from [a href=\'http://www.tucows.com\' target=\'_blank\']www.tucows.com[/a]. Unix/Linux users should already have a client installed.

The following instructions should be able to be used on IRC clients for any platform

With your client open, head to the chat server by typing:

/server us.dal.net

Join the Iron Maiden chat immediately by typing:

/join #maidenfans

Once inside the channel, you will see a list of users, and scrolling conversation up the screen. To speak to the room, simply type your message and hit ENTER. You should see something like:

<MaidenFan> Up the Irons!

To leave the chat, simply type /QUIT or close the program completely.

If you have any problems, please refer to your IRC client's help files.

Remember, the chatroom is on DALNet and its name is #maidenfans!

See you there! [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

It's news to me.

I might try it one day when I get a chance.

I knew about it, but I already spend to much time on the forum... [!--emo&^_^--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/happy.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'happy.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-Maverick+Nov 17 2003, 08:06 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Maverick @ Nov 17 2003, 08:06 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] I see that a lot of people use the board a bit like a chatroom... 

[/quote]
Is that a bad thing? [!--emo&;)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'wink.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

It's a pain in the backside to read suck stuff such as "BRB" or "I feed the cat and I'll be back in minute", which you normally find in a chatroom. Remember that these posts STAY and clog the place.

So, this is why I recommend a real chatroom for direct conversations.

Wouldn't you like to communicate in real time?

Can't you put your differences aside and join us? [!--emo&:angel:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrinangelA.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrinangelA.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

I wish. In reality, my ISP (Saint Francis Xavier University) sucks. Our bandwidth is prioritized. IRC, along with P2P networking, is at the very bottom of the scale. This means that most days IRC won't even connect to anything for me.

That's a real shame... [!--emo&:(--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/sad.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'sad.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

It is. I would like too talk to anyone here in real time.

Personally I save my spam posts for the spam board... [!--emo&^_^--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/happy.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'happy.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Has anyone tried [a href=\'http://213.86.53.174/chat/maiden.html\' target=\'_blank\']this link[/a]? You don't need irc for it, and it takes you to the Official Maiden Chatroom via a java applet (not as good as irc, but it can help those who have problems) [!--emo&B)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/cool.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'cool.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Nah I'm building my own page at the moment.... [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Got the design up yesterday. Currently working out some graphics and setting up pages. It may take some time to get it finished.

You know...we could have had this discussion in the maidenfans chatroom!! [!--emo&:nana:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lambada.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lambada.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

the chatroom rules...
[!--emo&:rock:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/headbang.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'headbang.gif\' /][!--endemo--] [!--emo&:nana:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lambada.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lambada.gif\' /][!--endemo--] [!--emo&:rock:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/headbang.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'headbang.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Back