The Iron Maiden associated web archive thread

TheTalisman

Ancient Mariner
There's lots of interesting things posted on past websites that's still accessible through the Wayback machine. https://archive.org/

Well, here's a few links to start out with:

Blaze-era
The original site from 1996:
(Featuring an interesting interview with Steve from the summer of 1997, while recording Virtual XI - he seemed very content with the direction of the band at the time, including working in the studio with Blaze. And the band were also downplaying rumours that Bruce Dickinson was returning to the band, in another article at the time).

Struggling to reach these versions of the site, built to be viewed with the 90's Macromedia flash player - as the modern version (the Adobe flash player) has been shut down recently. But if you have an older computer to check on this might work:

2000:
Works a little better.

2001-2002
These are much more functional with a modern browser:

I'm going to go through more later, would be cool if someone could help me out.
Also there's lots of cool stuff on Bruce's archived website, like pictures of articles from different magazines, going back to Skunkworks. I'm going to check for these later (I have posted these a few years ago on this forum).

Last edited:
Please post those sites that use ancient tech, I have something I can open them with.

Blaze-era
The original site from 1996:
(Featuring an interesting interview with Steve from the summer of 1997, while recording Virtual XI - he seemed very content with the direction of the band at the time, including working in the studio with Blaze. And the band were also downplaying rumours that Bruce Dickinson was returning to the band, in another article at the time).
They had a hotline. Oh man, the 90s. Imagine, being like "I can use the internet that I am on to read about the band, but instead, I will disconnect from the internet and pick up the phone."

Also there's lots of cool stuff on Bruce's archived website, like pictures of articles from different magazines, going back to Skunkworks. I'm going to check for these later (I have posted these a few years ago on this forum).

Those articles were first included at the time the Scream for Me website was basically a fansite. The webmaster ended up working for Sanctuary/Phantom Management.

They had a hotline. Oh man, the 90s. Imagine, being like "I can use the internet that I am on to read about the band, but instead, I will disconnect from the internet and pick up the phone."

I remember listening to samples of Brave New World on the Maiden website in 2000. It took about half an hour to download and would play about a split second then buffer for another 2 mins and then play another split second and so on :lol: The phone hotline was probably a better option!

Back