The Greatest Metal Song Cup - Part II, Round 3, Matches 73-78

What is your favourite song in each match? Vote in all six matchups!

• ----------------------------

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The second pick in every match except a vote for Rhapsody - I love Turilli more than anyone in Helloween and I feel this match is going to be brutal, so I'm voting for the underdog.

(fun fact, both songs in that match were nominated by me and in both wifey explicitly had a say)

Hell - Blasphemy and the Master vs. System of a Down - Toxicity
Toxicity is a fairly nondescript sort of nu-metal track, it at least sounds a bit original because he has an accent and there's a few weirdo groove changes but otherwise there's nothing suggesting why it should be in this hallowed competition, and my heart sank a bit when I saw it's got almost a billion views. Blasphemy and the Master is the far more metal, and lets face it, better track here, whether nominated by me or not Blasphemy and the Master

Megadeth - Into the Lungs of Hell (original version) vs. Sepultura - Refuse/Resist

I loved Chaos A.D. at the time, and still listen to it once in a blue moon, but Refuse/Resist has always been a bit braindead. Into the Lungs of Hell (original version)

Rhapsody of Fire - Knightrider of Doom (Power of the Dragonflame version) vs. Helloween - Halloween

Halloween is a genuinely great Power Metal track, this Rhapsody of Fire track is pretty bad Halloween

Angra - Carry On vs. Dream Theater - Metropolis, Part I: The Miracle and the Sleeper

Metropolis is a genuinely great DT track, this Angra track is pretty bad. Metropolis, Part I: The Miracle and the Sleeper

Dio - Stand Up and Shout vs. Megadeth - Tornado of Souls

Stand Up and Shout is great, and one of Metal's best album openers, but it's come up against a higher standard of track in this round Tornado of Souls

Anthrax - Medusa vs. Iced Earth - Dante's Inferno

Medusa is pretty decent and Spreading the Disease is one of Anthrax's actual good albums. Dante's Inferno certainly has some fast picking in it, whether the riffs are any good is debatable Medusa

1. That Hell song is hilarious. Easy pick. Bonus points for not being SOAD.
2. Megadeth easily. Sepultura is not for me.
3. Ugh. Helloween is far less generic, but I can’t stand the vocals.
4. LOLOLOLOL
5. I hate to vote against Dio, but this track is far from his strongest, while Tornado is one of Megadeth’s best. That solo!
6. Not sure how this is so close. Iced Earth have the much stronger song here, full of great powerful riffage and memorable moments. Lucifer! Angel of light!

“Blasphemy And The Master” vs. “Toxicity”: The Hell track is kind of a mess, but it’s never boring, while the SOAD track has super-annoying vocals and a bad chorus, despite some nice guitar bits. Not a fan of either track, but sorry no5pambot, I’m going with @srfc’s nominee here. Winner: Hell - “Blasphemy And The Master”

“Into The Lungs Of Hell” vs. “Refuse/Resist”: Sepultura sucks while Megadeth rocks. This would be a complete no-brainer even if it weren’t for own-nominee bias. Congratulations me, meet the real me. Winner: Megadeth - “Into The Lungs Of Hell”

“Knightrider Of Doom” vs. “Halloween”: Rhapsody pays the Fabio Lione tax and loses hard to Helloween here. Congratusorrylations, @JudasMyGuide, but Bogna5MartGidget’s nominee takes this one. Winner: Helloween - “Halloween”

“Carry On” vs. “Metropolis, Part 1: The Miracle And The Sleeper”: The Angra track is a mixed bag while the Dream Theater track is excellent. Sorry, @Black Bart, but DJ JooseCameOn’s choice takes this easily. Winner: Dream Theater - “Metropolis, Part 1: The Miracle And The Sleeper”

“Stand Up And Shout” vs. “Tornado Of Souls”: The Dio track is pretty good, but the Megadeth track is excellent. A very easy call for nogmideo5’s nominee. Winner: Megadeth - “Tornado Of Souls”

“Medusa” vs. “Dante’s Inferno”: Not a fan of either track, but while the Anthrax song is a very mixed bag, the Iseditionist Earth song has more memorable parts, even though it runs way too long, has patchwork songwriting, and I am not enamored of Matt Barlow’s voice. Sorry, @The Dissident, but non5eos’s choice edges yours out here. Winner: Iseditionist Earth - “Dante’s Inferno”

“Medusa” vs. “Dante’s Inferno”: Not a fan of either track, but while the Anthrax song is a very mixed bag, the Iseditionist Earth song has more memorable parts, even though it runs way too long, has patchwork songwriting, and I am not enamored of Matt Barlow’s voice. Sorry, @The Dissident, but non5eos’s choice edges yours out here. Winner: Iseditionist Earth - “Dante’s Inferno”
Don't be sorry, I voted for Dante's Inferno as well xD

Reactions: Jer
Back