The Future Past Tour 2024

Watching the livestream. The performance is good. Definitely sounds like a Tony Newton mix so far though :/

Can we please get the Caveman back for live releases?

Edit: I know livestream audio usually isn’t great, but the mix could still be much improved.

Last edited:
Just took a stroll through Tony Newtons twitter page and YIKES. Not only is the man quite bad at mixing and mastering, he's also an absolute nutjob. Why do musicians always have to be the weirdest people?

Anyway, this seems to be the Magenta video in case people want to see it:

Edit: Holy shit, CIPWM is a tragedy lol

@MindRuler (Can't believe that I'm only noticing this right now, is your name based on Rulers Of The Mind?) @The_7th_one @riff
If I recall correctly you all enjoy Evergrey, I just saw that their entire Wacken show is on the website as well in case you're curious:

The sound isn't the best, but it's something I suppose.

Last edited:
@The_7th_one @riff
If I recall correctly you all enjoy Evergrey, I just saw that their entire Wacken show is on the website as well in case you're curious:
Oh thank you very much!!!

I think they'll release a live compilation this Friday

Last edited:
Jesus Christ, it sounds like absolute dogshit. Between this and the previously uploaded Stranger in a Strangeland video I'm thinking they must be deaf. How do these mixes get approved???

This was one one the best live streams (well, official release from the band, but still) I've ever watched in terms of the quality and the broadcast. The mix (ofc it could/should be better, especially during CIPWM?) was decent/good enough. The sound is not bad for me.
A few things: the drum sound is solid, but could be better, more upfront in the mix. The rhythm guitar sound, as usual, is not powerful for Newton's productions. The solos are clear, although Janick's guitar should have been louder.

The camera work was good (finally!) and there was no footage from other shows!!
Only 5 songs (I expected that amount, but not more), the most single oriented, but what a very good performances, especially for a last date of a tour. Kudos to Bruce (the chorus of DOFP is not easy) and Nicko. These are the ''easy'' songs from the set. The stream can also be called - ''Mr. Adrian Smith's magic box''! SIASL, TWOTW and DOFP are massive live. They could have streamed a different song instead of Stranger because Maiden already released it, but the video edit is better. Adrian with great ''chorus licks and post-solo'' for Writing and Days and with a slightly different feel for his Writing and Wasted Years solos. CIPWM is always fun live, while Wasted Years was nice. I realized that it's not an easy number for the last song in the set.
The ''main'' songs from the tour are saved by Maiden for their official video release next year. It was refreshing to not get Trooper and Fear as always from those live streams.

The stage set looks better on official video. Love it, even in daylight! The decors look more lively than the SJ stage. What an amazing, special and historic this tour is.

For the first time, I have almost no remarks for a live stream. Enjoyed it a lot. Maiden still rules live! So great to have official pro-shot videos. :)

Edit: the sound for CIPWM is really bad!

Last edited:
Back