The forum should have a 5 post limit before being allowed to make threads.

Brigantium

Grim Reaper
Staff member
I'm hesitant to post numbers, tbh, firstly because it gives instructions to spammers in general, and secondly because new starters will be tempted to make posts with no substance at all just to get their count up so they can start a thread.

Brigantium

Grim Reaper
Staff member
Will they?
Yes, I've seen a couple of new starters posting token comments which don't say much at all across quite a number of threads in very quick succession, too quick to have read and genuinely participated in the discussion. As far as I know there's a time restriction on the ability to start new threads too. It's almost completely wiped out the problem we had with bots posting dozens if not hundreds of spam threads. It also makes it more difficult for a new starter to join and start threads at once without being away of any of the rules.

Brigantium

Grim Reaper
Staff member
Your earlier posts might not exist any more. It's showing that you haven't made any posts and joined in 2014. Once you've posted in a few threads it should allow you to start a thread. Everything was tightened up to deal with a worsening spambot problem, I'm afraid.