The first Maiden song you've heard

A

Anonymous

I guess the topic title says it all.

For me it's "The Number of the Beast" in 1992.
A friend borrowed me a "Best Of Rock and Heavy Metal" CD (it's not an official one) which regrouped many great songs of famous rock and metal bands, and it only had this song of Iron Maiden... great song to begin with ! [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Cheers

The Trooper, and it still remains my one of my favourite songs to date.

I had a boyfriend who eventually moved away (aaawww) I went round to his house and curiously flicked through his albums. He had the actual Trooper single. Me not knowing what it was put it on.

Hallowed Be Thy Name, the song was on the skateboarding part of Jamie Tomas, on the skateboard video "Welcome to hell". it was i do not remember when it was but it is still one of my favorite maiden songs!

Mine was "Moonchild", followed by "Infinite Dreams" and the rest. On a foggy evening in a holiday house in the mountains. I was 14 and mesmerized.

I saw the Out of the Silent Planet video on a stupid TV show back in 2001 and that's how I got into Maiden.

Funny I've never really liked that song since then.

Wrathchild on MTV2

But what made my go out and buy my first Maiden album was when I heard The Number of the Beast on the Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4 soundtrack.

My first Maiden song that I listened to was "The Assassin" from No Prayer.
Second song was Run Silent...Run Deep,
Third song was Hooks in You.

lost my maidenhood in 1989, six years old with an older neighbur playing the 7th son album nonstop. My God those solo parts in moonchild; the sweetest noise a kid could hear!

I told this story quite a few times, but I never get tired of it:

We were discussing Satanism in religion in school, and our teacher wanted to show us some Satanist music, and played NOTB to us.
He was a good man. But sadly for him, he totally failed in his ambitions. Instead of saving me from what he thought was Satanist music that has a bad influence on us kids, he hooked me to exactly this music.

My first time was listening to Ghost of the Navigator in the car w/ my buddies. BNW was his first album that he bought because he had heard it was somewhat related to Megadeth (our FAVOURITE BAND). I've been hooked ever since.

I first heard Maiden in the video game Grand Theft Auto: Vice City. The song was 2 minutes to midnight. I liked the song and all, but I never thought about buying some maiden albums at the time. But then one day my cousin showed me The Trooper, and it was like the greatest thing I had ever heard.

For me, it must have been either "Wratchild" which was playing linked to a Debbie Harry tune (singer from Blondie) on a cheap french kinda superhits collection (called Magitubes, still own the crap vynil somewhere in my dad's attic) back in early 82. I didn't quite like the song then, less than "run to the hills" that I could get from the french radios from time to time...U would't imagine this happening these days, but sic transit gloria mundi.
Or was it some part of the Killers album at a mate's place?
I was so young that all of those memories are a bit mixed up by now. [!--emo&:rolleyes:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/rolleyes.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'rolleyes.gif\' /][!--endemo--] Anyway I reckon, it was after that religious class we had on wednesday mornings! [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--] and my friend's older brother who was like 14 at the time had a few metal records & I was hooked at once by the music and all those flashy record covers. Me, I was like 9 and just so pleased to be allowed among the teens that I just kept quiet & listened. But deep down i thought, Hey that's what I really wanna hear now! And so far, I've remained faithful to the oath even though my musical spectrum has considerably widened as years went by.

Back