The Final Frontier and Somewhere in Time

Forostar

Ancient Mariner
I have seen a few notable similarities.

1. The titles of these albums are the last words in the opening track, and both are related to time, but in opposite ways:

Somewhere in Time -> 1. Caught Somewhere in Time ("Time is always on my side").
The Final Frontier -> 1. Satellite 15....The Final Frontier ("For I've very little time").

2. The texts in the booklets have the same fonts.

3. I noticed that the autobiographical lyrics of Wasted Years (which stand still with touring/life, and urge to enjoy these years) could fit on The Final Frontier, on which some lyrics also (optimistically) deal with being satisfied about life without any regrets.

Do you guys see some more relations between these albums?

Hmm hadn't noticed that. El Dorado is a galloping riff and Wasted Years isn't. You mean the chord progression?

Ah wait, you don't mean the riff but this melody in the beginning and end. Yes, indeed. It's also present in The Clansman and maybe even one more Maiden song (I can't think of at the moment).

edit:
I didn't especially mean musical relations (but such relations are also welcome of course!) because I realize there is already such a topic, so I hope this one won't get locked. What makes it different from that topic is that this one is about drawing lines between these particular two albums.

Forostar said:
2. The texts in the booklets have the same fonts.
I must admit, I don't see the similarities here. The top of the capital A, for example, is pointed in Final Frontier and rounded in Somewhere in Time.

Hmm, damn. To be honest I judged this without seeing the SIT-booklet. I just remembered it like this. These square, futuristic kind of letters. I'll need to put both booklets together to see what you mean.

I'm looking at my SIT vinyl (the cardboard where the lyrics are printed) and at the TFF booklet, the fonts aren't really the same, not even that similar.

1. Dave wrote the second last song on the album. Same as somewhere in time.

2. First time adrian uses tapping in an opeining song solo since somewhere in time.

Babo 91 said:
2. First time adrian uses tapping in an opeining song solo since somewhere in time.

On Different Worlds solo Adrian uses tapping as well Babo.   :)

Another thing, that little lick played at the beginning at the start of El Dorado, which is track number 2 on TFF, is taken from Wasted Years, which is track number 2 as well on SIT. Not a big thing tho.

So instead of paying tribute to Somewhere In Time this way, they could've done it the proper way. Like actually playing some songs from that album live.

Forostar said:
Hmm, damn. To be honest I judged this without seeing the SIT-booklet. I just remembered it like this. These square, futuristic kind of letters. I'll need to put both booklets together to see what you mean.
The track listing on the back covers do have similar futuristic styles, I'll give you that.

How about the lyrical meaning of both Coming Home and Wasted Years. In Wasted Years, they are miles from home and missing it badly. And Coming Home...well, they're back.

Back