The effect of music as observed by me...

chaosapiant

Ancient Marinade
True story, and funny.  Yesterday at work around noon my wife calls me to see what i'm doing for lunch.  We meet up and have big ass burritos.  Since she recently became more interested in Motorhead after watching the "Lemmy" movie, she wanted to borrow their new CD, "The World is Yours."  I let her borrow it.  Four hours later, she calls me upset because she got a speeding ticket.

So, to recap:  I gave my wife a Motorhead CD, and she, who normally drives at or under the speed limit, gets pulled over for going 12 miles over the speed limit, in a residential area.  Fucking awesome!  I was thrilled.  She was not as thrilled.

Haha, the same could very well have happened to me a few times.

Once I caught myself driving at 110 kph a place where the speed limit was 70, the entire reason being that I was listening to Hallowed Be Thy Name.

(It would have been bloody expensive as well. Three years ago I was fined for driving at 86 kph in nearly the same place ... and it cost me 3600 NOK, at today's exchange rate that would be $600.)

Her response, " i'm glad you think this is funny, the ticket is $140!!"  Ever had that moment where you should absolutely NOT laugh for any reason?  Like a funeral, or a wedding.  Or when you're in trouble?  Yea..... :bigsmile:

I was rocking out to Blind Guardian's Mirror Mirror and doing 150 in a 90 zone once.

Two years ago I nearly got fired from being a Tech Support because I involuntary screamed loudly "HALLOWED BE THY NAME!!!!" while listening to the song on my iPod. :D

I got fired a month later anyway. :innocent:

LooseCannon said:
I was rocking out to Blind Guardian's Mirror Mirror and doing 150 in a 90 zone once.

Classic lol. That used to happen to me often, I'm more aware of my foot now or I just put the cruise control...

I discovered that playing My Dying Bride (e.g. Thy Raven Wings) in a traffic jam feels better than playing fast metal. It makes me less impatient. Listening to slow music forces me to act slower, which is actually handy when your car stands still or hardly moves.

Forostar said:
I discovered that playing My Dying Bride (e.g. Thy Raven Wings) in a traffic jam feels better than playing fast metal. It makes me less impatient. Listening to slow music forces me to act slower, which is actually handy when your car stands still or hardly moves.

My Dying Bride is a great band to listen to on a dark and rainy night.  Thought sometimes they get a bit TOO sappy for my taste.

Turn Loose the Swans is my favourite but I am getting more into their debut now as well. Sounds very haunting, and in a less sappy way (if I understand the word correctly :) ).

I love their "comeback of the grunt" album Light at the End of the World as well.

The opening track "She is the Dark" is a masterpiece, especially live. I am one of the crowd in this DVD. :)

Back