THE CRUSADE OF EPICS: Results -> A Change Of Seasons wins!

Just the other day I was listening to CD1 of 6DOIT and remember how amazing "Misunderstood" is. It's not epic per se, especially considering other songs, but boy does it nail the mood. Also, John doesn't write lyrics like this anymore. And I don't even mind his backward solo, with time I even started to like and anticipate it.

I don't get Outlaw Town, even more, I don't get why people voted for it in the past few rounds.

I don't get Outlaw Town, even more, I don't get why people voted for it in the past few rounds.
It’s the band writing about their experience after Cliff’s death. It’s a bit plodding, sure, but it ties into the line “So now I wait my whole lifetime”. It uses its breadth to take you on a final journey on the album that builds itself into some pretty cool moments.

It’s the band writing about their experience after Cliff’s death. It’s a bit plodding, sure, but it ties into the line “So now I wait my whole lifetime”. It uses its breadth to take you on a final journey on the album that builds itself into some pretty cool moments.
I knew what the song was about, but even then rewards (cool moments) don't really sound "rewarding" for that timeline. "To Live is To Die" has done it much better.
Then again, AJFA is my favorite. And if you took Load and ReLoad and trim half the songs on both and even trim the songs itself and try to sell it to me, I don't think I'd buy it. Maybe if it was on some extrame sale, or something...

"To Live is To Die" has done it much better.
Nah, if we’re just comparing the two “Outlaw” is 400x better. TLITD is way too plodding and loses focus, even though its good moments are fairly strong. TOT’s pre-chorus of “MY WHOLE LIIII—IIIFE—TIIII—IIIME” is chill inducing just in and of itself.

Nah, if we’re just comparing the two “Outlaw” is 400x better. TLITD is way too plodding and loses focus, even though its good moments are fairly strong. TOT’s pre-chorus of “MY WHOLE LIIII—IIIFE—TIIII—IIIME” is chill inducing just in and of itself.
I started to write an essey titled "Outlaw can only dream to touch the atmosphere TLITD has..." but than I remembered you and I rate Metallica albums quite differently. I'm still waiting for your Megadeth discography run.
It's not like it matters, Outlaw takes the win here and will meet random Dream Theater or Symphony X song and lose.

i7QzNSH.jpg

Results of Round 84:
Mastodon - The Last Baron
Dream Theater - Misunderstood

Metallica - The Outlaw Torn
Nightwish - Ghost Love Score

Dream Theater - A Change Of Seasons (Nominated by @The Dissident, "Collin)
vs.
Dream Theater - Home (Nominated by @Black Wizard)

Caligula's Horse - Graves (Nominated by @Lampwick 43)
vs.
Helloween - Keeper Of The Seven Keys (Nominated by @Black Wizard)

“Home” is great, but “A Change Of Seasons” is a bit bigger, broader, and deeper. Sorry, @Black Wizard, your nominee was worthy, but I have to go with The Dissidollin’s choice here. Winner: Dream Theater - “A Change Of Seasons”

The second round is easy, as the Caligula’s Horse track pretty thoroughly outclasses the Helloween track. Sorry again, @Black Wizard, but @Lampwick 43 ‘s nominee takes this one. Winner: Caligula’s Horse - “Graves”

Back