The cover of A Matter of Life and Death

Perun said:
Interesting idea, except that there are only five skeletons.

Well, if we use the already mentioned idea of Eddie also representing 'Arry, then there are six. However I think Eddie is meant to be Eddie and just that. By the way, the cover artwork is, in my opinion, one of the best, and certainly the best not drawn by mr. Riggs. (Riggs did the clouds on Brave New World, correct me if I'm wrong)

Hi, mates

I'm not sure if anyone has already commented this, but I have a crush this cover is inspired in the "original" picture that inspired Derek Riggs to create Eddie ... if you google "eddie the head", you will find a black and white photo of a skull with a helmet attached to a tank. Seemingly, it was taken during WWII, or the Vietnam war ...

I know it's a bit late but I just pulled out the cd off the shelf to watch the videos on the bonus cd and then wondered who would be who and searching on the net I found myself here. So my guess is :

- The one on the tank is Bruce, because that's what he would do. Jump and run all over the place, climb up the tank ...
- The one on the bottom right corner is Steve, because it looks like that renowned bass hold
- The one sitting in front of the tank would be Adrian firstly because he's smoking - you know holy smoke, steve wrote that when Adrian left :) -and also he's wearing a helmet as Adrian wears a cap
( I'm not so sure but Adrian might also be the one on the very left and back, because he's like that when they play live. He usually stays in his corner )
- The one to the left of Eddie I guess is Dave. Because that's the most fair looking one and a bit smaller. Dave is smaller than Nicko, Jannick and Adrian
- The one in front of Dave to the left might be Jannick. Taller and looks more active
- That leaves Nicko to be the one on the very left but as I said before maybe that's Adrian

What do you think ?
If anyone reads this after all those years :)

Back