The Concert Thread

Saw Porcupine Tree in Dallas for the 1st time;
WOW! 3 hour set to please old and new fans alike. Heavy & soft songs. Visuals (videos and lights) to give Rush a run for their money.
Hope they don't wait 10 years for the next tour again.

seeing Anesthetize live was worth the price of admission!

WOW! 3 hour set to please old and new fans alike. Heavy & soft songs. Visuals (videos and lights) to give Rush a run for their money.

Their set looks amazing, I really wish they had come somewhere close enough for me to see. Although I'm surprised there isn't Arriving Somewhere But Not Here in the set.

The only time I’ve seen them the setlist was much shorter! It was a festival, headlined by Iron Maiden (@Forostar was probably there too).

In the last while I've been to 4 shows, The Killers, Def Leppard/Motley Crue/Poison/Joan Jett, Roger Waters and Eagles.

All were great shows, although I could have done without Crue's antics but that comes with seeing them I guess.

I've got two bands coming to town on Monday that I'm split on seeing.

On one hand, Gorillaz are playing the United Center and they were a huge part of the soundtrack of my youth. On the other, Nick Mason's A Saucerful of Secrets is playing the Chicago Theater that night... and for 50 bucks cheaper.

On one hand, Gorillaz are playing the United Center and they were a huge part of the soundtrack of my youth. On the other, Nick Mason's A Saucerful of Secrets is playing the Chicago Theater that night... and for 50 bucks cheaper.
Definitely Nick Mason

Just saw Epica open for Sabaton; KILLER show! Both bands were floored by the enthusiasm of the crowd and seemed to be having a lot of fun on stage. Both sounded great as well.

Attachments

• 20221001_202340.jpg
    20221001_202340.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 3
  • 20221001_213507.jpg
    20221001_213507.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 4

Nick Mason's A Saucerful of Secrets were brilliant when I saw them back in April.

Besides Metallica in Florida in early-November, I've got plans to see Elton John in Las Vegas the week prior. Only local show I have circled is Marcus King at the Aragon next week. Maybe. Great up and coming blues guitarist if you haven't heard him.

October has been a massive month of concerts for me!

10/5 - Iron Maiden were, of course, stellar. Much better than I expected out of this run, even though the setlist was oddly structured. Bruce was on an absolute high the whole evening.

10/12 - Joe Satriani was simply stellar, as always. He played 2 sets during an evening with show at The Chicago Theatre and it was just a beautiful evening. We even got the tour debut of Crystal Planet! His band was amazing, of course, especially bassist Bryan Beller (d'uh, he's an Aristocrat). Added bonus: I almost didn't go to this show because of all the concerts in a row and money, but for some reason they were selling $20 absolute back of the balcony tickets (all-in, no fees) the day the show went on sale. We got to the gig and it was...barely half full with tons of open seats in the front half of the floor. So, anyone with an upper balcony seat got a free upgrade! We ended up maybe 15-20 rows from the front of the stage and it was unreal. A true treat all around.

10/15 - Sabaton kicked ass, as always. I hate the venue they played here, but the show was phenomenal regardless. A really great setlist and fun as hell.

10/16 - Clutch played a mixed bag setlist for me, lots and lots of old stuff (of which I'm not really a fan). But they still kicked ass and I was in and out of the venue in 90 mins (showed up 5 mins before their set cause toddler).

Only one show left this year (John Petrucci in November)!

October has been a massive month of concerts for me!

10/5 - Iron Maiden were, of course, stellar. Much better than I expected out of this run, even though the setlist was oddly structured. Bruce was on an absolute high the whole evening.

10/12 - Joe Satriani was simply stellar, as always. He played 2 sets during an evening with show at The Chicago Theatre and it was just a beautiful evening. We even got the tour debut of Crystal Planet! His band was amazing, of course, especially bassist Bryan Beller (d'uh, he's an Aristocrat). Added bonus: I almost didn't go to this show because of all the concerts in a row and money, but for some reason they were selling $20 absolute back of the balcony tickets (all-in, no fees) the day the show went on sale. We got to the gig and it was...barely half full with tons of open seats in the front half of the floor. So, anyone with an upper balcony seat got a free upgrade! We ended up maybe 15-20 rows from the front of the stage and it was unreal. A true treat all around.

10/15 - Sabaton kicked ass, as always. I hate the venue they played here, but the show was phenomenal regardless. A really great setlist and fun as hell.

10/16 - Clutch played a mixed bag setlist for me, lots and lots of old stuff (of which I'm not really a fan). But they still kicked ass and I was in and out of the venue in 90 mins (showed up 5 mins before their set cause toddler).

Only one show left this year (John Petrucci in November)!
Sabaton in Houston and Maiden in Austin were a blast for us as well.
I also bought $20 tix for Joe Satriani (show is next month) so glad to hear you had a great time!

I will be seeing Wishbone Ash performing Argus in its entirety later today and Blue Öyster Cult and Deep Purple tomorrow. Not a bad month!
Enjoy the show. "Argus" is one of the greatest albums of all-time. Wishbone Ash's first five albums were great, but this was their peak. And (as I'm sure you know) it had a huge influence on the development of Iron Maiden's sound. I'm hoping they bring the tour to Ontario (Canada) at some point.

Enjoy the show. "Argus" is one of the greatest albums of all-time. Wishbone Ash's first five albums were great, but this was their peak. And (as I'm sure you know) it had a huge influence on the development of Iron Maiden's sound. I'm hoping they bring the tour to Ontario (Canada) at some point.

Thanks. Argus is one of my favourite albums of all time (if I could only take 10 albums to a desert album, Argus would DEFINITELY be one of them) and I was lucky enough to see Martin Turner’s band play it in its entirety (and also Wishbone Four, plus some other gems) last month. Today it is Andy Powell’s turn to celebrate the 50th anniversary of that masterpiece.

Very good show by Wishbone Ash at Dorking Halls yesterday, with a shorter set of (relatively) recent material followed by Argus and F.U.B.B. as an encore:

Setlist:

Real Guitars Have Wings
We Stand as One
Coat of Arms
Invisible Thread
Standing in the Rain
---------------------------
Time Was
Sometime World
Blowin' Free
The King Will Come
Leaf and Stream