The Concert Thread

Last concert: Manic Street Preachers at the Great Estate Festival in Cornwall. Superb, albeit short, festival set. They did a fantastic cover of The Cult’s She Sells Sanctuary.

1654676952690.png

Next concert: Skunk Anansie in London.

Last edited:
Drove with my son 3 hours to Austin TX to see Haken open for Symphony X on their 25th anniversary tour yesterday. Was an outdoor show in downtown. Was our first time to see either band and neither disappointed. Both sounded great! Symphony X singer Russell Allen stated this was their first tour in 5 years! Both bands' singers talked about how great it was to be performing live again.
Wanted to buy a Haken shirt but they only had 1 style which I wasn't crazy about. Symphony X had a large selection so bought one that says 25th Anniversary tour on it.

Went to see Die Ärzte in Cologne on Saturday in Colognes Football Stadium. About 45000 fans and great weather, what a feeling after 2 years of Covid. Band played for 2 and a half hours with 37 Songs (well they're a "punk" band, so some are a little short). Had a blast, even though the sound was pretty bad at times. Also, at 36 I figured I am too old to be in the moshpits as I was out of breath and clinging on the consciousness after 1 song. My friend broke a rib after an elbow to the side, but the amount of beer seemed to ease the pain til we got home .

Went to see Die Ärzte in Cologne on Saturday in Colognes Football Stadium. About 45000 fans and great weather, what a feeling after 2 years of Covid. Band played for 2 and a half hours with 37 Songs (well they're a "punk" band, so some are a little short). Had a blast, even though the sound was pretty bad at times. Also, at 36 I figured I am too old to be in the moshpits as I was out of breath and clinging on the consciousness after 1 song. My friend broke a rib after an elbow to the side, but the amount of beer seemed to ease the pain til we got home .

o_O o_O :eek: :eek: :lol: :lol:

Buying tickets to see Gwar in London in August. After several aborted attempts at gigs I’m really, really hoping this one pans out and I can get splattered with brightly coloured cum and blood

Skunk Anansie were great yesterday in London. Skin is quite possibly the best singer I have seen in 30+ years of going to gigs. What a superb force of nature!!!

The support band, Nova Twins, were really good to. A band to follow closely.

Awesome! I love Skin, one of my favourite female singers.

Just spotted Cellar Darling have UK tour in October, and for once I have a potential choice of dates - Newcastle and Leeds. Been listening to them loads since I booked my tickets for Amorphis in November, started listening to more Eluveitie (who are co headlining with Amorphis), and stumbled across Cellar Darling in the process.

Would be rude not to.

Maybe her usual style of alternating between soft and sweet and immense belting helps her voice hold out longer?

Last night saw Max & Igor Cavalera in Webster TX (just South of Houston) play highlights from Beneath the Remains & Arise. God I am hurting! Been a while since I was at a show that crazy and physical. It was jaw dropping! They sounded GREAT! 100% crowd participation made that show.
Took my son, my best friend, my nephew and his son (his 1st concert!). Sepultura was one of my nephew's favorites back in the day but he never got to see them live. When I told him about this upcoming show, he broke a 20 year drought of no concerts and said "Hell Yes!"

Back