The Concert Thread

I live in TX but will be working in Florida week of 4-15. On Thursday 4-18, I was scheduled to fly home with layover in Newark NJ.
Then saw Priest is playing there the next night!
So I asked the travel company my employer uses if I stay in NJ 2 days and then fly home if it will cost any more for airfare and they said "no extra fee"!
So I am staying in NJ Thursday night, seeing NYC for 1st time across the bridge from NJ Friday, then seeing Priest and Sabaton!
This is great because Priest is skipping TX on this tour

Saw Adrian Vandenberg opening for Geoff Tate last night in Dallas.
Both bands were amazing!
Adrian played Whitesnake songs for half his set and Geoff played nothing but Queensryche (except for a Pink Floyd cover that Queensryche did on the Take Cover lp).
Geoff sounds great (especially for his age!)

Saw Prong last night in Dallas.
Hell yeah!!
Tommy never fails to deliver!
Was a double bill with Voivod (who I am not a fan of).
We saw some of Voivod's set but didn't stay for long.

Saw Prong last night in Dallas.
Hell yeah!!
Tommy never fails to deliver!
Was a double bill with Voivod (who I am not a fan of).
We saw some of Voivod's set but didn't stay for long.

Bruce used this song on his BBC 6 Music Rock Show to announce the content of every week's show:

Great riff!

This year continues to pick up. Katatonia surprised me by announcing they're playing the music festival at Whitby goth fest, North Yorkshire, in November. Seeing as it's pretty near to me, it would be rude not to....

The headliner is Peter Hook, co-founder of Joy Division and New Order, which I'm not unhappy about either.

Last night took my son to his first metal outdoor festival: Hell's Heroes 5 the final night with Forbidden opening for Sodom!
I saw Forbidden back in 1990 opening for Death Angel so was great to finally see them again.
Founding guitarist Craig (stage left) gave a heartfelt thanks to the fans for still being here after decades, for bringing our kids to the show, and acknowledged former members dead and alive. He got choked up during that part.

Then, FINALLY, after being a fan since 1987, Sodom played their first TX show!
What a brutal performance (especially for their age)! After seeing how many turned out, Angelripper said "Shame on us for taking so long to get here!"

Been YEARS since I went to an outdoor standing only festival. Last night my feet (and this morning my back) reminded me I'm not 20 anymore!

Was a great time though

Caught Jesus Jones in Minneapolis last night, their first U.S. tour in over 30 years. Smallish venue, an old school movie theater with a stage, maybe ~1000 capacity. 4th row center seat, so I had a great view.

Performance was great, set list focused on their first three albums (Liquidizer, Doubt, Perverse), with a couple of songs off their most recent album Passages and 3-4 B-sides I wasn’t familiar with. Kinda bummed that they didn’t play anything from Already or London, but my main goal was to see “Zeroes And Ones” and “Idiot Stare” live, and that mission was accomplished. Mike Edwards actually said during the show that Perverse was his favorite album of theirs and “Idiot Stare” was his favorite song of theirs, so on that we agree.

Likely the last time I’ll ever get to see them, so I’m glad it was a good experience.

JJ1.jpg

JJ2.jpg

Drove my son 4 hours to Ft Worth yesterday to see Flotsam and Jetsam.
Their performance was great but fan turn out could have been better.
Perhaps that's why there was no encore!

Saw Slash & Myles Kennedy and co. in Manchester last night.

Pretty good. I’m not so keen on the album they are touring but still a solid, enjoyable gig. Preferred them at Manchester Apollo a few years back mind.

A few people grumbling afterwards that there weren’t really any guns n roses songs, as previously they’ve thrown a couple of well known ones in, but now they’ve got 4/5 albums under their belts I’m glad they don’t need to be a part covers-band anymore. (They did actually play Don’t Damn Me off Use Your Illusion 1 with Todd Kerns on vocals but that flew under a lot of peoples radars).

Last edited:
Slash said in an interview recently that he doesn't wanna do GnR songs since actually rejoining GnR in 2016. And tbf GnR tour constantly, feel like almost anyone who wants to see Slash play GnR songs has had a chance (or multiple) since 2016.

Saw Priest in Paris on Monday, great show, with Devil's Child, Lightning Strike and Victim of Changes coming in that weren't in the Dublin set, and with Glenn making an appearance in the encore Metal Gods too.

Zenith is a great venue, but it was a bit of a shambles. It was advertised as doors at 7.30, we got there at that time with a huge queue, and it looked like no one had been let in yet, and within about 5 mins of the doors opening, you could hear Saxon kicking off, so we ended up missing about 25 mins of them.

Back