The Book of Souls: General album discussion

Repeating parts? Where? Other than "I need somebody to save me" and the title I don't see a single line appearing more than once. The only problem with the song is the instrumental 3 minutes too long.

He wrote repeating parts, not repeating lyrics.

He wrote repeating parts, not repeating lyrics.
Even that is not true. All 3 verses separated by "Oooh" are quite different from each other. As for the music, I don't know and don't care as I chopped off unnecessary parts. So, it's a perfect 8.5 minute masterpiece for me.

Last edited:
Even that is not true. All 3 verses separated by "Oooh" are quite different from each other. As for the music, I don't know and don't care as I chopped off unnecessary parts. So, it's a perfect 8.5 minute masterpiece for me.

Cut the intro riff by half, cut the beginning from 4 verses to 2 verses, remove one or two of the "Oooh" parts, cut the "Red and the Black" part by half, cut the riff where the tempo of the song picks up in half.

On the other hand, IIRC, even Jethro Tull have shortened some of their songs for live settings (TAAB, A Passion Play), Dream Theater did so too, I believe... so this (or something like this) could be the blueprint for the live version of Empire. :D

Last edited:
Nit bad bad, I like it a little bit but defenitely there is no any epicness in this sbd no room for music to breath. But some version with 10-13min would be great.

Have maybe someone did that with The Red and the Black? Or is there any way to shut that guitar throught the vocal parts?

Empire feels like a much shorter song than TRATB, despite being quite a bit longer. Unlike TRATB, pretty much every part feels necessary and gives something to the song. THAT is how you do a long song.

Empire feels like a much shorter song than TRATB, despite being quite a bit longer. Unlike TRATB, pretty much every part feels necessary and gives something to the song. THAT is how you do a long song.

Its still a little bit repetative in places. Nothing major though. ROTAM IS how you do a long song perfectly

I am likeing the album more. But.... as with every Maiden album since Dance of Death I fine myself wondering if my hi-fi equipment is broken the production again is dire.

Back