The Apparition

How good is The Apparition on a scale of 1-10?

• Total voters
A

Anonymous

Here, you can read other visitors' comments on 'The Apparition' as well as post your own. Any contribution to the commentary will be much appreciated, may it be cultural references relevant to the song (links to related websites, interpretations that may have been overlooked in the Commentary, and the like) or personal essays related to the topic of the song. Just be aware that messages that are either off-topic or too wacky may be deleted.

'the Apparition'

"when the room goes cold, tell me..."

Many people report physical changes in haunted places, especially a feeling of a presence accompanied by temperature drop and hearing unaccountable sounds. They are not imagining things. Most hauntings occur in old buildings, which tend to be drafty. Scientists who have investigated haunted places account for both the temperature changes and the sounds by finding sources of the drafts, such as empty spaces behind walls or currents set in motion by low frequency sound waves produced by such mundane objects as an extraction fan.

taken from:
[a href=\'http://skepdic.com/ghosts.html\' target=\'_blank\']http://skepdic.com/ghosts.html[/a]

'the Apparition'

Here I am ! I'll try to save this song ! [!--emo&:viking:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/viking[1].gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'viking[1].gif\' /][!--endemo--]

First, like everyone, I thought it was too repetitive and boring.

But now, each time I listen to it I find it better and better. The drum part is amazing and drive the song with a real groove. There're some very subtle guitar parts and the solos are great.

So I give 3,5/5 to this song, thinking it's one one the best of the album.

'the Apparition'

Well, it's one of my least favourites in their entire catalogue. Somehow the whole album is like a rollercoaster ride - there are cool moments (which is to say that there are a couple of great songs) and there are those boring parts of the track which have to connect the cool parts (and this song is one of them).

'the Apparition'

[!--QuoteBegin-Black Ace+Aug 24 2004, 12:46 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Black Ace @ Aug 24 2004, 12:46 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]This MUST BE the most underrated song of all times. I gave it 4 stars for the facts that Bruce sounds better that the average of the album and the lyrics, despite having n chorus,are good, teaching a life-lesson, and I find the idea of a dead man, trying to teach maybe his son, or something like that how to deal with life, a very good one. I might get bashed or whatever for this, but this is my oppinion. I'm a freak [!--emo&:blush:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/blush.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'blush.gif\' /][!--endemo--]
[snapback]84385[/snapback]​
[/quote]

I also think that this is a good song. It is a different song than all the other Iron Maiden songs, but the message is good. I like the part where it says that if you want an anwer to find an answer as soon as you can. It states for you to act when you are in doubt of something or when you need help in any situation that you are in. I like that part very much.
I also like it when it says to do things well. That is very important to try your best at the things that you do in your life, etc.

'the Apparition'

i dont think this song is THAT BAD that it deserves so low of a rating. ok it did take a while for me to get into this song, but now i do think that it is an alright piece of music. this is a very un-typical maiden song with a different style, and does lack some of the things we see in most maiden songs (emotion, power, etc.) but is still an ok song both lyrically and musically i think (although im not really a fan of the solos in this song). i think its pretty catchy too. 3 stars

'the Apparition'

Rock on! This one's nice [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]... Okay, It lacks a chorus, and it's not their best song yet... But the lyrics are great and it's quite catchy... Especially when considering Fear was their worst effort yet, this song stands out quite nicely... [!--emo&B)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/cool.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'cool.gif\' /][!--endemo--]
Gave it 3.5/5, quite good, but nowhere near the classics (Isay a Paschendale? [!--emo&^_^--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/happy.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'happy.gif\' /][!--endemo--] )

Re: 'The Apparition'

Sorry for bringing the topic out of mud, but i must say that this song is very different from Maiden patterns, quite unique.

IMHO, the lyrics are pretty good, Bruce's raspy voice fits this one nice, the guitar-guitar-bass harmony is a killer! Nice solos also. Altrough the main theme might seem a bit boring, the riff is quite nice. And it's great that song has no intro...snare shot, and off it goes.

Re: 'The Apparition'

Don't worry, Zare.  These topics are allowed to be resurrected time and time again for continued commentary on the songs.

Daily Song: The Apparition

Welcome to the Daily Vote Thread! Rules are here.

Remember, only a decent review will count towards the contest.

Today's song: The Apparition

Yesterday's song remains open for voting! You can find it here.

Oh god, it's so terrible. I know, some people will say there are redeeming factors, yet I find none. I find Bruce to be completely horrible. The lyrics are just terrible, just utter crap. And what's with the guitars? I thought you played a guitar with two hands, not the nearby table. Jan's solo isn't terrible, and the little bit after it is okay, but then straight back down into the gutter.

How did the band listen to this song and go, "Yeah!". Can't believe the same song-writing duo brought us tracks like "Dream of Mirrors", "Dance of Death", and "The Legacy". I need ear bleach. NP: Paschenfuckingdale.

1/10. I'd give it lower if I could.

Re: Daily Song: The Apparition

4. Despite being one of the coolest lyrics Steve ever penned, the song is not bad but it isn't strong enough, it has some nice passages, but it's pretty monochromatic and bland. Cool is that Janick uses a wah for the one and only time on a Maiden album.

I'm sorry, I should have been more clear.

They simply suck. Bruce sings them so poorly. I really don't like ANYTHING about this song.

Yeah, it pretty much sucks. The lyrics are really bad, the singins is crap, the main riff is annoying.
There are some nice parts, but overall it's one of Maiden's worst. I gave it a 4.

LooseCannon said:
Can't believe the same song-writing duo brought us tracks like "Dream of Mirrors", "Dance of Death", and "The Legacy".
And Lord of the Flies.

Gers has really grown as a songwriter to an immense degree - but this was not a good point.

1/10.

I'm very much in the minority on this one. I just love Bruce's vocal performance on it and the instrumental parts are quite enjoyable to me. 8/10

Not a very good song, this is really the only one Maiden has ever done that I wish has never been released.  There are others that I think are poor compared to their overall body of work, but still have some good points to them and I am glad they exist.  This one .. no ... it never should have been placed on an album.

I give it a 1, because there is no 0

Back