Tattoos

infliction

Invader
Tattoos, what do you think of them?
Does a tattoo still carry a certain stigma with it these days or do you think that it is broken? If you don’t have one, would you get one? If you do have one or if you would get one, would there be a meaning to it (ie: to signify a point in your life, etc.) If you were to get one, would you have it put in a visible area or would it be somewhere where only you and a few others know it is there?

Some apply meaning to them in that it does signify a point in their life. I know that in some cultures it is a rite of passage and others just tattoo for decoration. I don’t have any, but almost all the people I know have one or four. I don’t see them as anything bad, but I do see how an older generation would look at the people that have them that way. I don’t think that I see somebody in a different way if they do have a tattoo, but that may be because I am used to it - I don’t think any more or less of them.
As we are all Metalheads and probably know a few people that have them, I was just wondering what you all thought. Being a fair representative global sample in here, I was curious to see how you or your immediate society viewed them.

I would never permanently scar an image into my skin. What happens when you're an old fart with Eddie tattoed on your back? That's all I have to say. [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-StrangerInAStrangeLand+Dec 20 2004, 11:39 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(StrangerInAStrangeLand @ Dec 20 2004, 11:39 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]What happens when you're an old fart with Eddie tattoed on your back? 
[snapback]94279[/snapback]​
[/quote]

Youre the most metal old age pensioner in the retirement home.

No, then you're a hypocritcal old geezer. It's a known fact that old people hate loud music and aren't cool. [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Another example though would be, oh, I don't know, maybe if you got your girlfirend/boyfriend's name tattoed on yourself. What happens when you break up? Hah! Take that boyeeee! [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

And BTW, when did 'metal' become an adjective? [!--emo&:blink:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/blink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'blink.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

My friend uses it as an adjective. When people call him a greebo or whatever.

Do you think when we all become old we will be the same as present day pensioners?

[!--QuoteBegin-The_7th_Son+Dec 21 2004, 03:09 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(The_7th_Son @ Dec 21 2004, 03:09 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Do you think when we all become old we will be the same as present day pensioners?
[snapback]94299[/snapback]​
[/quote]
Maybe even worse. Just look at me! [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--] [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Can't you remove tattoo's, though?

And I don't think I'd get one. I just don't really enjoy the idea of a needle injecting ink into my skin.

[!--QuoteBegin-The_7th_Son+Dec 21 2004, 08:09 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(The_7th_Son @ Dec 21 2004, 08:09 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Do you think when we all become old we will be the same as present day pensioners?
[snapback]94299[/snapback]​
[/quote]
Pretty damn close at least. Take my grandpa for instance. He used to be a hardcore Hendrix and Clapton fan way back in the day and now he's a boring old person with 2 Buicks and listens to Norah Jones. [!--emo&:blink:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/blink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'blink.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

I would get a tattoo. But nothing stupid like a girl's name. I would get something meaningful. Like "Thrasher for life" or "Ride til you die" would be good, cuz I dont plan on stopping skating til I phisically cant anymore. Another good thing would be like "Maiden forever". But like, I would never get a meaningless tattoo, just for fun. Thats just a waste of money, and those are the tattoos you regret getting.

P.S- If I ever become a dirty, grumpy, old man who doesnt like to rock...kill me [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-metalmaniac666+Dec 21 2004, 04:02 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(metalmaniac666 @ Dec 21 2004, 04:02 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Can't you remove tattoo's, though?

[snapback]94304[/snapback]​
[/quote]

yes you can, but you'll get a pretty ugly scar if your not very lucky.

Back