SYMPHONY X ALBUMS SURVIVOR 2016: Results -> V: The New Mythology Suite wins!

Satisfied with the results?

• Total voters
You can't possibly be serious.

Here's my individual song rankings for DWOT:

THE DIVINE WINGS OF TRAGEDY - 8.3
Of Sins and Shadows - 10/10
Sea of Lies - 10/10
Out of the Ashes - 10/10
The Accolade - 10/10
Pharaoh - 5/10
The Eyes of Medusa - 6/10
The Witching Hour - 4/10
The Divine Wings of Tragedy - 10/10
Candlelight Fantasia - 10/10

See what happens? Those three mediocre/poor tracks in the middle drag down the entire album. Sure, the rest of it is fucking perfect, but we're rating albums here - not individual songs.

It's a shame, but albums like Underworld or Paradise Lost end up higher in the rankings because the overall quality of each song is higher, even if less songs are perfect. This is why I find back-to-back song/album survivors so interesting.

I'm shocked you think Medusa is stronger than Pharaoh or Witching, considering how much you bash it. Personally I think the main groove of that song is incredible, with those keys and the chunky riff. It's a heavy, dark, creepy song, and it's perfect for that album because outside of a few sections of the title track, we don't hear anything like it. The band also doesn't think it's too shabby, since they've played it live multiple times in the past.

Then again, they've also played some of the trash from Iconoclast, so who knows. When are we gonna hear Shades of Grey?!

I'm shocked you think Medusa is stronger than Pharaoh or Witching, considering how much you bash it. Personally I think the main groove of that song is incredible, with those keys and the chunky riff. It's a heavy, dark, creepy song, and it's perfect for that album because outside of a few sections of the title track, we don't hear anything like it. The band also doesn't think it's too shabby, since they've played it live multiple times in the past.

Then again, they've also played some of the trash from Iconoclast, so who knows. When are we gonna hear Shades of Grey?!

Shades of Grey 2017!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Medusa could get a 7/10, but that middle part is so out of place that it ruins the mild decency of the song.

SURVIVOR_RULES_018.jpg

Top 9
Underworld
07. The Damnation Game
08. Iconoclast
09. Symphony X

Underworld lost the tiebreaker against The Divine Wings Of Tragedy and Paradise Lost, based on the number of votes in all rounds.

SURVIVOR_RULES_018.jpg

Top 9
Twilight In Olympus
06. Underworld
07. The Damnation Game
08. Iconoclast
09. Symphony X

Back