GAMES DISCUSSION - submissions welcome!

Opeth referendum?

• Total voters
I'm thinking of giving the Cheesevivör another shot, if anyone is interested. I'd start from the scratch though.

296.png

I'm going through a metal "phase" in general. Been digging into many other genres the last year and a half.... now I just wanna listen to all metal :devil2:

Meanwhile, I'm going through an Iced Earth phase, so it would be a perfect timing for an IE survivor.
I might start it in the next couple of weeks when I'm less busy. Novelty would be starting the game from Incorruptible then backwards instead of chronologically.

Alright, I'm preparing a new Cheesevivör. If you have any suggestions, send them to me by PM, I want to keep with the secrecy factor. Which also means that I won't inform you if I pick your suggestion or not.

:devil2:

We could have a Pet Peeves survivor. Unlike 'Worst Song', forum members nominate bands/songs that are reasonably popular but that they have an aversion to. Like I would nominate something by Oasis, and Sixes would probably pick some form of pirate metal. :p

We could have a Pet Peeves survivor. Unlike 'Worst Song', forum members nominate bands/songs that are reasonably popular but that they have an aversion to. Like I would nominate something by Oasis, and Sixes would probably pick some form of pirate metal. :p
How do you pick just one Metallica song?

He did no such thing!
Liar.

Also, I'll even throw in some Death. I love everything they've ever made, but Spiritual Healing is definitely at the bottom of their discography.

Also also, does this include non-metal bands? 'Cuz in that case, everything bluegrass. Everything.

I will not reverse my opinion. The banjo is a fine instrument in moderation, bluegrass just ruins any potential it has.

Time for an Outside Maiden tournament/survivor. I think some people may be surprised about how good some stuff is, especially Di'Anno's stuff. People are put off because of his image and worse music he's done.
Well volunteered.
Not sure if/when I have the time but I think it would be good to collect tracks by several (ex-)Maiden members that were done outside of Maiden.
I am 100% convinced that most Bruce solo stuiff (and perhaps also Adrian stuff) will end up very high, but at least people will get to know the rest better.

How to do this though. How many songs per (ex-)Maiden member. Some people have done way more (good) songs than others.

Suggestion:
Controversial perhaps, but if the Bruce material would not be part of it, the game would be less complicated to organize, and perhaps we'd get more room and regard for the rest.

So, we can add him later: We can do two tournaments:

1. Without Bruce solo career (1990 -2005): Samson still allowed!
2. Only Bruce solo career (1990-2005).

3 (option): We could do this afterwards: the best from both tournaments (e.g. 8/16 best songs per tournament) face each other in one smaller, endgame. Even though the outcome would be predictable, it's still interesting to see how it goes.

@Night Prowler what do you think? We could prepare this with several people. E.g. we can ask someone or a small team selecting songs for

Adrian Smith (e.g. Ariana and yourself?).
Blaze Bayley (e.g. Perun, LC, Maturin, TheTalisman).
Samson/White Spirit/Di'Anno/British Lion/Nicko/others (e.g. harrisdevot, Magnus, lira and myself?)

Then we need a team giving input for the 2nd game: Bruce solo (1990-2005) (e.g. Mosh, Zare and srfc).

Other volunteers are welcome as well of course to join a group.
We can also just let everybody (who wants) give input and collect one big bulk of songs.

Per tournament we can decide on the number of songs after we know how many are collected.
So first we select as many songs that deserve to go in because of their quality. And then when we have done that, we need to be stricter and see if the number is fitting practically. I hope we won't cut off much. The point is to have as many songs in the game as we think deserve to go in.

More difficult is to decide which songs meet each other in the game but that is fase two. If done thoroughly it can be a lengthy process. You don't want the best ones (the ones we think that will do the best) to meet too early, and the same goes for 2nd/3rd/4th category songs. Ah well, it also depends on the form of the game. Let's first decide if we want this.

Last edited:
This might be a bit extra work / runtime of game, but if we were gonna do this, can I suggest that instead of choosing songs we pile everything together and survivor-ise it all? This would lead to (in my opinion) better results, and would give people like me the incentive to go listen to everything to keep up with the game.

I can do Bruce and/or Blaze and/or Adrian. Samson doesn't really interest me and especially not Di'Anno.

I have Survivor lists ready for all 3 of them. I'd give the Adrian stuff to Ariana and Blaze to whomever likes him the most (I only really listen to The Man Who Would Not Die anyway). I'd like to continue doing Bruce like the last 2 times :p

This might be a bit extra work / runtime of game, but if we were gonna do this, can I suggest that instead of choosing songs we pile everything together and survivor-ise it all? This would lead to (in my opinion) better results, and would give people like me the incentive to go listen to everything to keep up with the game.
No. You have no idea of the quantity.
I can do Bruce and/or Blaze and/or Adrian. Samson doesn't really interest me and especially not Di'Anno.

I have Survivor lists ready for all 3 of them. I'd give the Adrian stuff to Ariana and Blaze to whomever likes him the most (I only really listen to The Man Who Would Not Die anyway). I'd like to continue doing Bruce like the last 2 times :p
I don't think you understood what I meant. Not separate survivors.

Eh, my personal philosophy is that I either go in fully (all songs) or nothing :p I can give you stats from previous Survivors though.

Back