Studio Album #16 - Rumours and Speculation (New Info 27.02.15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
With software like Pro Tools which they probably didn't have when recording BNW, can't they make an album sound pretty much any way they want without it being too expensive?

The drum sound is too loud in BNW.

Brave New World has almost no natural sound left. Everything is highly processed/replaced. I'd guess it's the most expensive album they've done and something there isn't a budget for today. It took months to record, whereas they've done the last two in about 2-3 weeks. Go figure.

BNW sounds nice and crisp, and is mastered better than DOD, but I agree... Wayyyy too much sample replacement, especially in the drum department. AMOLAD is the ultimate Maiden sound for me. Much more live and natural.

BNW sounds nice and crisp, and is mastered better than DOD, but I agree... Wayyyy too much sample replacement, especially in the drum department. AMOLAD is the ultimate Maiden sound for me. Much more live and natural.

I just wish they could do the live and natural sound while still mastering it with a more clear, crisp sound. Everything post BNW just sounds muddy.

I just wish they could do the live and natural sound while still mastering it with a more clear, crisp sound. Everything post BNW just sounds muddy.
Ugh, the rhythm guitar tone on TFF is so woofy and horrible. At least AMOLAD had a wide dynamic range, I definitely appreciate that.

Different studios; different rooms, equipment etc. If they record their shit in two weeks, they basically go in and setup and run through the songs and be done with it. They could probably take three months sorting out guitar-tones, but that's obviously not the Maiden way.

I think TFF is very representative for its time. Many bands have strayed away from that crystal clear, very produced sound for more 'live' and natural sounding takes with a more muddy final product as a result. It will backlash sooner or later, like everything else, but right now it's the 70's stuff that's cool.

Brave New World has almost no natural sound left. Everything is highly processed/replaced. I'd guess it's the most expensive album they've done and something there isn't a budget for today. It took months to record, whereas they've done the last two in about 2-3 weeks. Go figure.

Exactly what I was referring to. It doesn't have the same raw sound of AMOLAD, which is more comparable to their earlier work. But I love both directions.

BNW is great. I like sample replacement.

And besides, the snare on AMOLAD is not the original either, it's mostly a sample. But I love both productions.

So i'm really starting to irrationally worry that this album may not see the year 2015. Lamb of God has a new record coming out on July 24th and Slayer has one on September 11th. It seems like both bands have been promoting their records for well more than six months prior to release.

My question is, is six or fewer months notice of an "official" annoucement (i.e. title, artwork, tracks, singles released, etc) really pushing it?

New álbum THE BOOK OF SOULS.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Book-Of-Souls/dp/B00ZVFYXWA/ref=...
Disc: 1
1. If Eternity Should Fail
2. Speed of Light
3. The Great Unknown
4. The Red and the Black
5. When the River Runs Deep
6. The Book of Souls
Disc: 2
1. Death Or Glory
2. Shadows of the Valley
3. Tears of a Clown
4. The Man of Sorrows
5. Empire of the Clouds

10 gostaram. 0 não gostou.e chatos que quebram estas regras podem ser banidos. Denuncie e ajude a manter este espaço limpo.
This is real. Just been posted on official Maiden site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back