Steve's sing-along on stage

Dick Brucinson

Dave Sustaine
I always found it interesting to watch: Steve is never really synchron when he sings along to any song. definitely not on "one" of each bar, not even "one and a half". he's somewhat in the middle inbetween. any thoughts about it?

I wish that there was some recording of whole show of Steve's singing along..
I bet if he found out about any recording like that, he would probably laugh a bit and say:
Some cunt's recording this!
I think he does it like he does on full purpose, I mean the "shifted" singing lines. and I would imagine it'd be extremely difficult to be accurate right on the bar with the bass the same time.

I think he does it like he does on full purpose, I mean the "shifted" singing lines. and I would imagine it'd be extremely difficult to be accurate right on the bar with the bass the same time.
Yep, definitely. It's always great to watch him play with that energy and entusiasm. I've been close and in the front row to witness this. His way certainly encourages any spectators to act and do something if one stood still. I can almost think of him humming and singing little as he plays those basslines.

Yep, definitely. It's always great to watch him play with that energy and entusiasm. I've been close and in the front row to witness this. His way certainly encourages any spectators to act and do something if one stood still. I can almost think of him humming and singing little as he plays those basslines.
and I like the aggressive style he does it. and it's really funny that he in fact is a very polite and friendly guy. I knew this before, but his grounded and nice approach to talk to people fascinated me anyway the day I met and talked to him.

Yep. I haven't yet met him but I would like to someday. Seems really polite and friendly but I will surely respect their privacy and so won't try to meet them in situations that might feel annoying or uncomfortable for them.

Yep. I haven't yet met him but I would like to someday. Seems really polite and friendly but I will surely respect their privacy and so won't try to meet them in situations that might feel annoying or uncomfortable for them.
when I met him it was like this (Early Days Tour, Aug 31 2005, in Dublin):
I knew what hotel they stayed at and I so waited near the entry, simple as that. and they came, one by one, all six. within a period of one hour. no one else was waiting there, so the situation was just perfect. there was enough time to speak to each of them. Steve came on foot with shopping bags in both hands, and when I asked him to sign my ticket he was so kind putting the bags to the ground and took some time for a chat. really cool guy. the only one who seemed a bit stressed or not in a good mood was Nicko.

when I met him it was like this (Early Days Tor, Aug 31 2005, in Dublin):
I knew what hotel they stayed at and I so waited near the entry, simple as that. and they came, one by one, all six. within a period of one hour. no one else was waiting there, so the situation was just perfect. there was enough time to speak to each of them. Steve came on foot with shopping bags in both hands, and when I asked him to sign my ticket he was so kind putting the bags to the ground and took some time for a chat. really cool guy. the only one who seemed a bit stressed or not in a good mood was Nicko.
Nice little story and you were lucky to meet all 6 briefly. :)

Nice little story and you were lucky to meet all 6 briefly.
Nicko was the first one who appeared, and I was so flashed by meeting him that I almost missed out Adrian, who was next and was already about to enter the hotel lobby. that was why I had to shout after him, which I felt was really embarrassing, but he took it quite easy :) I know it was impolite, but there was no other way, otherwise I would have missed him.

I was just watching Phantom of the Opera from Donington 2013 and he actually sounded alright in the middle bit where he's also singing up higher than he probably should with Bruce and Adrian taking the lower parts. I wasn't really expecting that so it threw me off.

Back