Steves Quote

"I've got audio tapes that go right back from '76, not right from the first gigs, but from the days when we used to play places like the Bridge House. They're a bit dodgy. There's a version of 'Purgatory', which was then called 'Floating' and it had an arrangement that was a bit different. I've also got a tape of my very first band, Gypsy's Kiss, of us at the Cart and Horses. It might have been the first gig we did. There's a song called 'Endless Pit' which later became 'Innocent Exile'. The tapes exist, but I never play 'em to anyone!" - Steve Harris

Man Id give up a kidney for any of those tapes! [!--emo&:bow:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/bowdown.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'bowdown.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Man Id give up a kidney for any of those tapes!  [!--emo&:bow:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/bowdown.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'bowdown.gif\' /][!--endemo--]  [/quote]

lol [!--emo&^_^--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/happy.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'happy.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

it will be great to hear them, but a kidney???

The unfortunate truth is that most young bands with inexperienced musicians sound horrible. Even Maiden had to start somewhere, but they probably sounded, at a minimum, very rough at the beginning. The tapes might be historically interesting, even amusing, but they probably aren't good ... or else Harry would be playing them for people! [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

(My bands first tape, from 1987, was so horrible that our guitarist actually burned his copy!)

I think it's not so good. Probably it's rough and somewhat incomplete. But it would be great to hear it!

[!--QuoteBegin-SandMaN+Oct 23 2003, 08:35 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(SandMaN @ Oct 23 2003, 08:35 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] How can we get them??? [/quote]
Bribe Steve Harris. No, wait, he already has money ... what would he want?
Aha! Offer to fix the football games to guarantee a West Ham championship!!

Good idea! But I don't like cheating in such an important thing as football...

[!--QuoteBegin-SinisterMinisterX+Oct 23 2003, 04:18 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(SinisterMinisterX @ Oct 23 2003, 04:18 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] The unfortunate truth is that most young bands with inexperienced musicians sound horrible. Even Maiden had to start somewhere, but they probably sounded, at a minimum, very rough at the beginning. The tapes might be historically interesting, even amusing, but they probably aren't good ... or else Harry would be playing them for people!  [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

(My bands first tape, from 1987, was so horrible that our guitarist actually burned his copy!) [/quote]
For me though, as a collector, these tapes are gold. I have the original Soundhouse Tapes 45, and Maiden sound pretty bad on it compared to nowadays. But its the holy grail of Maiden collecting. Same with these tapes. Gotta have em man!

[!--QuoteBegin-where_eddie_dares+Oct 26 2003, 03:12 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(where_eddie_dares @ Oct 26 2003, 03:12 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] For me though, as a collector, these tapes are gold. [/quote]
they're more than that... I guess we'll never see them released... well, maybe we will... if Rod should get his hands on em somehow [!--emo&;)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'wink.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Maybe if Maiden ever does another box set, they'll include a track. Many box sets I've seen have one very early track like that just to show what it was really like in the beginning.

(And yes, of course Maiden will eventually do another box set ... I mean, how many greatest hits albums have they done? (That's rhetorical. I know it's 3.) Give 'em a few more years, a few more b-sides and they'll come up with something. [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--] )

I've seen a Kiss box set (a black thing, maybe you've seen it) with 5 CD's of tracks choosen by the band itself, including songs from the earliest tapes to the latest album. I would like Maiden to do something like that... [!--emo&;)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'wink.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Of course. With lots of extra stuff; pics, lyrics, interesting stories, member biographies...

I suppose I would only nuy it if it had something I hadn't seen before. I am gonna get Rainmaker just for the B-Side. Maybe to expand the collection too, but still... The only greatest hits album I have is Ed Hunter, I don't really intend on getting another. It's like that Maiden Biography, the official one. Edward the Great, tsh!

Best of the Beast is great, a perfect 2CD greatest hits thing. (I've got the one with 16 songs though)

Ed Hunter should only be purchased if you like stupid shoot-em-ups. Personally I don't, but I do not cut the game off.

Edward the Great is somewhat pointless.

Edward the Great is BoB minus a few songs + The Wickerman. Crap.

ETG was released on same day as Eddie's Archive to mark the latter were for the real fans... [!--emo&;)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'wink.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Back