Steven Wilson Albums Survivor - Deadwing wins!

vote for your LEAST favorite albums

• In Absentia

• Deadwing

Results are only viewable after voting.

Mosh

PM me your Nightwish album rankings!
Staff member
Welcome to the Steven Wilson albums survivor! Same rule as a normal survivor except one album is eliminated at a time. 4.5 not included since that's an EP. Hopefully this won't take as long as the regular survivor. :D

I just calculated my ratings for all of these albums, and it's incredibly obvious that Steven Wilson's discography is like watching a child grow up. Each album gets a little bit better up until Deadwing, at which point the quality jumps all over the place. I'd be happy with either that album or Raven taking home the prize.

Currently, I'm only voting for On the Sunday of Life which is not an album so much as a collection of songwriting attempts (virtually all of which are unsuccessful).

Since those weren't included in the main survivor, I won't be including it here.

1:
2:
3:
4:
5:
6:
7:
8:
9:
10:
11:
12:
13:
14:
15: On the Sunday Of Life

1:
2:
3:
4:
5:
6:
7:
8:
9:
10:
11:
12:
13:
14: Up the Downstair

Sky
Insurgentes
Grace

Signify and To the Bone would be next up, but I can't justify voting for them until the former three are all gone.

1:
2:
3:
4:
5:
6:
7:
8:
9:
10:
11:
12:
13: Insurgentes
14: Up the Downstair

Without thinking too hard about it, here's how I would rank the albums right now:

1. Deadwing
2. In Absentia
3. Hand. Cannot. Erase.
4. The Raven That Refused to Sing
5. Stupid Dream
6. Fear of a Blank Planet
7. Lightbulb Sun
8. The Incident
9. To the Bone
10. Signify
11. Insurgentes
12. Grace for Drowning
13. The Sky Moves Sideways
14. Up The Downstair
15. On the Sunday of Life

I'm feeling pretty confident in my top 4 and bottom 5. The ones in the middle are all pretty fluid.

Sky Moves Sideways and Signify are my only votes until they're both gone. They still exist in the infantile phase of Steven Wilson's writing and simply can't stack up.

1:
2:
3:
4:
5:
6:
7:
8:
9:
10:
11:
12: The Sky Moves Sideways